Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

dashcam and sentry mode is not showing front camera recording. What is problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

My model 3 has the latest software update. Recently I notice all the front camera videos is not showing up when viewing from the MCU. However, I can actually find the front camera videos on the hard drive when I connect to view the videos in my PC computer.

Autopilot works fine and MCU shows no warning message about failing front camera.

What is the cause of this problem? Problem with my front camera? or Problem with recording?

see attached photo.

Hope some experts can chime in.

thank you so much!

Attachments

• 20210712_182524.jpg
    20210712_182524.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 546
Hello all,

My model 3 has the latest software update. Recently I notice all the front camera videos is not showing up when viewing from the MCU. However, I can actually find the front camera videos on the hard drive when I connect to view the videos in my PC computer.

Autopilot works fine and MCU shows no warning message about failing front camera.

What is the cause of this problem? Problem with my front camera? or Problem with recording?

see attached photo.

Hope some experts can chime in.

thank you so much!
Just had a 2022 model Y delivered yesterday and the same thing is happening. I can view the front cam footage on the computer, but not from the viewer in the car. Were you able to resolve this?

From my point of view, the OP's photo in post #1 IS showing the front camera view. The entire screen shows the vehicle traveling in the #1 (i.e., fast) lane, with the side and rear views in the small corner insets. The one labeled "front" in the upper left is transparent because you are viewing the front camera.

Or am I missing something?

From my point of view, the OP's photo in post #1 IS showing the front camera view. The entire screen shows the vehicle traveling in the #1 (i.e., fast) lane, with the side and rear views in the small corner insets. The one labeled "front" in the upper left is transparent because you are viewing the front camera.

Mine clearly shows a blank box in the car. I can only view it on the computer.

Then I would suggest doing the standard reboot (push both scroll wheel buttons on the steering wheel for a few seconds) and if that doesn't work, then use the Power Off command in the car's menu system (Control / Safety / Power Off; I believe). The full details on that procedure is here.

RayK +1 The front camera is selected therefore the smaller box labeled Front is transparent and the main screen is showing the Front view. Touch one of the other small boxes (Left, Right, Rear) and that will become the main screen and its box will be transparent and the box labeled "Front" will no longer be transparent.

The box for the view that is currently showing on the main screen is always transparent.

• Helpful
Reactions: Nakata
RayK +1 The front camera is selected therefore the smaller box labeled Front is transparent and the main screen is showing the Front view. Touch one of the other small boxes (Left, Right, Rear) and that will become the main screen and its box will be transparent and the box labeled "Front" will no longer be transparent.

The box for the view that is currently showing on the main screen is always transparent.
Thank you!