Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
IMG_20181017_065008.jpg
Anyone else get this? I started using the dash cam feature when it came out and now am getting the grayed out X. What does this mean? I already submitted a bug report.

I've gotten the error a few times. I noticed a few FSCK*.REC files on the USB after it happens. Those are generated when the dashcam has a write error. Delete the files and it'll work again.

I keep 2 USB drives on hand. One plugged in with a spare. I swap when the error occurs. Then plug the USB drive into my phone to delete the *.rec files so it's ready for the next time it happens.

It's annoying. No idea yet what is causing it.

By the way....I hope you all are reporting this bug to Tesla....

Is there any indication that "bug reports" result in any corrections being made by Tesla?
My Service Center Supervisor made it sound like they only get looked at if you call or take your car in for Service.
Which seems correct, otherwise Tesla would call me to bring the car in for service when it generates an automatic diagnostic report, or when I make a bug report.

I've reformatted mine and repaired multiple times; yesterday I repaired it and put it back in the car and it went to X immediately. So... not ready for prime time..
I was having this problem and reformatted with a 16K cluster size and so far it has worked better. (Knock on wood dashboard.) I figured the smaller cluster size might improve the write latency and avoid corruption on power down. Could be just coincidence though since it has been only about a week since I did this.

• Informative
Reactions: Msjulie