Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in a hit-and-run accident. I was able to play the video for the police. When they asked for the thumbdrive, I pulled the micro sd card out without stopping the player first.
The dashcam has never worked since then - the dashcam icon does not display on the screen, and the format USB drive is greyed out.
I have tried two other cards with the same result (with my mac computer, I have formatted the cards to MS-DOS (FAT32), and named the folder TESLACAM).
Since the problem originated with my removing the thumbdrive while playing, maybe there is a reset for the dashcam?

After formatting Samsung T7 SSD on mac, I was able to verbally command to open the dashcam viewer on our Model 3 to view the recordings. But, there is still no icon on the screen, which would allow me to select the eject the drive. I have done the reboot on the car and updated to the latest available Tesla software on the car. Anyone else having this issue?

A program like Recuva (free) will recover most of the files on even a (fast) formatted disk. Works less well the more is written to the disk before using the program but in my experience you can get most files back. (Windows)