Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam footage AutoPilot overlay indicators

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
The Dashcam footage needs to have indicators for Autopilot activity

Just watching Well that ends the year for me! Car did it’s job! : TeslaCam

It occurs to me that the way these videos get distributed around the net it would be smart to have a component that allows the viewer to be aware of what is going on in the video. Watching it I could not imagine why the car would change into the passing lane, nor how it could end up in the ditch, but reading the notes on Reddit I found out AutoPilot was not engaged. It would be good to know that w/o having to track down the poster, for example, there are no notes attached to the original YouTube post.

If Tesla could add indicators to the video that help determine what was happening in the video I think it would go a long way to putting the onus back on the driver for bad decisions that lead to an accident, which is why most of the videos are posted. Certainly indicators for TACC and AutoSteer, maybe even indicate when an Auto Lane Change is in progress.

why isn't there a forum for software that relates to all the vehicles?

Last edited:
Now if I could only get the idea in front of Elon, he said there are lots of great ideas, but if you hire a large group of programmers you get feature creep, and he wants to focus what they are working on. I'm never gonna see the things I want to implement in the car. Heck, we can watch Netflix on the car, but we cannot watch our own Sentry footage?