Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam icon frequently dissapearing after last update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 SR+ w/ Samsung T5 ssd.

Been working rock solid since I got it. Recently having very consistent dashcam icon dissapearing when I enter my car. Reboot usually fixes it but it's happening way too much now. Rebooting more than once a day..

Is the ssd going bad? Or is it a bug from the last update?

thought these things were supposed to be the best?

Reactions: dgb62
I am 99% sure it’s a software problem. I took delivery of my 21 model three in late December. It’s been happening since then. It’s currently in the service center for some other things but that is a line item that they are going to look at.

I has two other teslas with the same Samsung SSD and had zero issues.

Got my Tesla back from the service and specifically noted the problem. They told me it was functioning normal and that it was the SSD that was causing the problem.

well that was a lie. Using the usb stick that comes with the car and no dash cam. Works in park but as soon as I switch to drive, it turns grey.

moral of the story: don’t count on the SC to solve your dash cam problem

Got my Tesla back from the service and specifically noted the problem. They told me it was functioning normal and that it was the SSD that was causing the problem.

well that was a lie. Using the usb stick that comes with the car and no dash cam. Works in park but as soon as I switch to drive, it turns grey.

moral of the story: don’t count on the SC to solve your dash cam problem

A usb stick comes with the car?