Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam implementation is idiotic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a modern programming joke and nicer way to say something else but I kid

but seriously I read your post and you come off all high and mighty as a SW engineer and rubbed people the wrong way

some folks want to help out and yes you responded to attitude with attitude which I get and could be justified, but if you do some searches yourself to debug, it really isn’t hard to analyze that you either have a true hardware issue or really didn’t understand how this function works

I had an issue too when I swapped from USB key to ssd enclosure for the dashcam but I diagnosed that I had a faulty cable and also had to format in car to get it working
Ya know, at this point, I really don’t get it. I ask a simple honest question about a term I don’t understand, and I get a bunch of smart ass answers. What is going on here? Yes, I’ll admit, I chose a poor title for this thread. And yes, I was annoyed about the operation of the dashcam, and I’m still annoyed. And that’s not even the only issue I’m having. I owned a Model S for 8 years, and over the entirety of those 8 years, I had less issues with that Model S that I’ve had with this M3 inside of 2 weeks, so, ya, I think I have a right to be annoyed — this is a sixty thousand dollar car, not a Toyota Corolla. And I’m getting even more disappointed with this forum, which I’ve also had more issues with in 2 weeks that I have had in the almost EIGHT years I’ve been a member, which is more than most of you guys put together.

So how about we all set aside the bricks and pitchforks, and start over. Sorry about the title — it doesn’t reflect on you or your car. Maybe I just got a lemon, and need to hassle the guys at the Tesla service center, which is not all that far away, until they resolve my issues, or give me a new car.

• Disagree
Reactions: EVer and WhiteWi
Ya know, at this point, I really don’t get it. I ask a simple honest question about a term I don’t understand, and I get a bunch of smart ass answers. What is going on here? Yes, I’ll admit, I chose a poor title for this thread. And yes, I was annoyed about the operation of the dashcam, and I’m still annoyed. And that’s not even the only issue I’m having. I owned a Model S for 8 years, and over the entirety of those 8 years, I had less issues with that Model S that I’ve had with this M3 inside of 2 weeks, so, ya, I think I have a right to be annoyed — this is a sixty thousand dollar car, not a Toyota Corolla. And I’m getting even more disappointed with this forum, which I’ve also had more issues with in 2 weeks that I have had in the almost EIGHT years I’ve been a member, which is more than most of you guys put together.

So how about we all set aside the bricks and pitchforks, and start over. Sorry about the title — it doesn’t reflect on you or your car. Maybe I just got a lemon, and need to hassle the guys at the Tesla service center, which is not all that far away, until they resolve my issues, or give me a new car.
This is pretty much a perfect storm: software geek vs car fanboy freaks. As each side takes great pride in its social ineptitude, this is not likely to end well. Kind of entertaining to watch in a train-wreck sort of way…I’m actually kind of surprised they haven’t started deleting your thread/posts yet, since that appears to be one of their favorite knee-jerk reactions. Good luck, Chopin!

Don’t sweat it

Back to topic, I’m sure it will be fixed somehow through trial and error to determine the true issue

Have you tried a new USB key yet? Sometimes USB keys are flakey and die prematurely. Also when you try a new usb, just reboot the car for good measure (do the typical IT support steps to rule out on your end, then let the techs know what you did)

like I said I couldn’t get my ssd to work for dashcam until I changed the crappy cable that came with it and had to format in car (button was gray which I thought was not clickable but it did click so that’s not a good UI decision IMO and I work with UI devs here and there)

Good luck

Reactions: ChopinBlues
Status
Not open for further replies.