Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam Install by Calibred Customs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are a few pics, all wires hidden.

Attachments

• IMG_6424.JPG
    IMG_6424.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_6425.JPG
    IMG_6425.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_6428.JPG
    IMG_6428.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_6429.JPG
    IMG_6429.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_6430.JPG
    IMG_6430.JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_6427_2.jpg
    IMG_6427_2.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 248
Reactions: Fingerz
Another plug in for Calibrated customs. Prior to Johnny, I hired a guy who advertised he could do it for $250 and had good Yelp reviews. He came to my house with professional tools and started install. In about an hour, he called me and said he is having trouble. He took off the center channel and had trouble putting it back on. Plus the wiring he had did not fit into the center channel at all. He offered to do the install and leave 2 huge wires wrapped with electrical tape hanging in the air coming from the front camera. That's not all. He also dropped a sharp knife onto my white perforated seat and caused a long superficial cut. Needless to say, I said to please immediately stop. I called Johnny who installed flawlessly in 1.5 hours, set up my cloud access, set up all the passwords and did a tutorial on how to use the cam and iphone app.

I know there are some handy guys who don't mind taking off panels, center channel, hard wire, etc. but I am not one of them. To me, $400 was well worth it to pay Johnny to do all this (he has done hundreds of MXs by the way) while I watched play offs. Just IMHO.

Last edited:
Another tip: if you can, buy your camera at Costco (they carry it on their website). I know of a few cases where people got their cameras from Mass drop or similar website and had their cameras die very quickly. It's a hassle to go through warranty on something not made in the US. With Costco, you just bring it back to the store even many months later and get a new one :)

I would like to consider myself some what handy but when it comes to MX I would not even try to do the install myself or hire someone that charges $150-$250 who might not have any experience with MX. Johnny has done hundreds of installs on MXs and have amazing reviews from yelp and other members here on the forum who have used his services. He also drives to your house to do the install so that adds value to the cost.

Reactions: rjdoc74
I had Johnny install my BlackVue DR650GW-2CH that I had purchased over a year ago. I thought of doing it myself and even bought some tools and connectors. I was concerned about breaking some trim panel tabs, and therefore put the job off. This summer I decided to get it done professionally. My friend and I had a Tesla get together last week in Seattle when Johnny was in town and he did three installations (two X's and one S). I would certainly recommend Johnny at Calibred Customs (Calibred Customs). He does an excellent job.
JohnnyCalibredCustoms.jpg

Reactions: ckwong
I wanted to chime in regarding yet another great install by Calibred Customs. Johnny came to my house in Albuquerque last weekend and installed two-channel Blackvue DR750S cameras on my Model X and my wife's Volvo XC90 as well as a DR650S on my Porsche Carrera S Cabriolet. Everything is super clean. I couldn't ask for a more professional and responsible installer!

Reactions: rjdoc74