Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam Install & Group buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my BlackVue installed yesterday. They came to my house and installed everything. The camera itself was $309 which is a very good price considering it comes with free delivery :)
The installation was pretty reasonable as well. Only $139 for the whole thing including the power box that gives you the option to run the camera while parked without risk of draining the battery. They are in Orange County but they come to LA as well. PRODASHCAM - Dashcams, Dash Camera, Car DVR, Onboard Camera, Dashcam Installation

Glad you're happy with your install.

I just want to point out for others reading that with our cars there is no need for the "power box", which is likely the Power Magic Pro, as our 12 V batteries just recharge when they are low from the main traction pack.

Glad you're happy with your install.

I just want to point out for others reading that with our cars there is no need for the "power box", which is likely the Power Magic Pro, as our 12 V batteries just recharge when they are low from the main traction pack.

That box was only a little extra and it has a feature that allows you to set a timer when to shut off power to the dash cam. For example, once you park your car, the box will provide power 1h or 2h or 6h, ... more hours before it shots off the camera. I find it useful as a feature, so I had them install it. But I agree on a Tesla you could do without it.

That box was only a little extra and it has a feature that allows you to set a timer when to shut off power to the dash cam. For example, once you park your car, the box will provide power 1h or 2h or 6h, ... more hours before it shots off the camera. I find it useful as a feature, so I had them install it. But I agree on a Tesla you could do without it.

But then that would defeat the purpose of having parking surveillance mode?