Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam Install Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed, I don't think the PM Battery is worth $150. If you figure out something else worth while, please let me know.

Will do. As the first interested party, can I ask: what is the current draw of your setup, how long is your commute, and what is the maximum vehicle off time you would expect/ want the system to work for?
Anyone is free to PM/ Conversation me with their wish list.

So are you saying the panel between the center console and the seat on each side? And you slide them toward the front of the car or the back?
Here's the picture I found (I believe on page 3 or 4 of this thread), with the partially removed panel.

20180107_062815-jpg.271683

I read the thread and was hoping to summarize what I need for my Thinkware F800 I plan to have installed this week. I'd like to avoid the battery issue people are having so if I get a Cell Link B, I don't need to do anything other than plug into the lighter socket, correct? Looking at blackboxmycar.com, they state that I need a spliced hardwire kit. Does part of the kit need to get hardwired somewhere?

Lastly, It looks like the BlackView Power Magic B112 is not a good option since the unit won't let the Thinkware enter parking mode.

If you get the Cellink B or Neo, the only connection to the car is switched 12V (eg, cigarette lighter)- the battery unit sources the "always on" part for parking mode on the Thinkware (the battery assumes it's powered by switched 12V and has two different outputs for "always on as long as the external battery has charge" and "switched" which it switches based on the ignition state of the car). The external battery only charges when the car is running.

The spliced hardwire kit (that has the "always on" and switched 12V) is only used between the Cellink external battery and the dashcam.

Reactions: ahkim
It’s just wired directly to the positive terminal of the battery with an in-line fuse. Negative is wired to a nearby grounding bolt.

No issues thus far.

Thank you, I've had it set up just for driving since I was scared of all the issues others are experiencing, but I guess I'll just hard-wire w/fuse and see where this adventure takes me.

1. Did you use a 2 Amp fuse?
2.As per previous posts the monitoring circuit will not be able detect the additional drain and could cause issues. How long have you had it wired this way?

If you read the post, it says, "Just as an anecdotal statement, I've had a Blackvue that's directly attached to my 12v battery installed in my Model 3 for about a month now with no issues"

Reactions: VBXATL
Nice- that's the exact same battery as the Cellink Neo, just rebranded for Blackvue...

I've currently got mine perma-wired through the glovebox- wanted to make sure I have access to it for awhile, but wouldn't be hard to relocate once I'm happy with it. Good to know it'll fit down there!

Last edited:
Nice- that's the exact same battery as the Cellink Neo, just rebranded for Blackvue...

I've currently got mine perma-wired through the glovebox- wanted to make sure I have access to it for awhile, but wouldn't be hard to relocate once I'm happy with it. Good to know it'll fit down there!

Worst part is that this is a 6000mAh battery pack. I would assume these could realistically sell for under $30 if a phone power pack manufacturer decided they wanted to make them.

Reactions: C141medic
Worst part is that this is a 6000mAh battery pack. I would assume these could realistically sell for under $30 if a phone power pack manufacturer decided they wanted to make them.

TBF, it's a little nicer than that or the homebrew things others have done- has app management via Bluetooth so you can see current charge/discharge state in detail, and supports 9A 12V charging. But yeah, it is definitely a premium price. :(

A mobile phone power bank cell may have 6000mAh at 3.7V = 22.2Wh
vs the Neo, 6000mAh at 12.8V = 76.8Wh

Not quite the same.

But agree that we need more competition there!