Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam installation in Seattle - Calibred Customs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting ready to install a 4-camera dashcam system (two sets of Blackvue DR900S systems) on my 2015 Model S 90D and have heard good things about Johnny at Calibred Customs. I reached out to him at [email protected] and learned he's going to be in the Seattle area June 6-10, 2019. I have scheduled the installation (I live in Redmond, and he will come to my home). Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Reactions: BEEZR
I'm scheduled with Johnny this weekend as well. Going with a 2-camera setup. He told me earlier today that he still has a few openings if anyone else is looking. Contact via email above or direct at (310) 654-0532. No referral code, unfortunately... :D

Johnny (Calibred Customs) installed the four cameras a couple of days ago for $800 (he said a two-camera installation, front and rear, would be $400). I don't know much about these systems but to my untrained eye the installation looks very clean and solid. Before he got started we talked a bit about the installation, and after listening to his plan I was glad I didn't attempt it myself. He located the side cameras on the little posts on the front windows that separates the roll-down window from the little fixed triangular window. I asked about putting them in the rear, as I have seen YouTube videos of such installations. He said he could do that, but that most people preferred the front. I decided to go with his recommendation. Viewing the videos, I see that they display at an angle which to me doesn't seem optimal. But I do like the camera placement in front vs. the rear. They are virtually invisible when driving. I haven't thoroughly checked the video coverage but it seems fine. After the installation he talked with me about some of the basic settings, but asked that I play around with them myself to really understand them. That's good advice, he gave me enough to get started and now I'm learning about the right settings for my particular needs.

Reactions: BEEZR
Photos of the installation.

Attachments

• IMG_6680.JPG
    IMG_6680.JPG
    423.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6681.JPG
    IMG_6681.JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6682.JPG
    IMG_6682.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 90