TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dashcam Installation in the Delaware area

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by viper2ko, Apr 24, 2018.

1. viper2ko

viper2ko Active Member

Thinking about buying a blackvue but not sure if I can do the wiring required to make it a clean looking install. Anyone aware of any experienced installers in the Delaware area?

2. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

Try TRI STATE SOUND in Wilmington or Dover.
    I have them on our list of installers for the lighted appliques. I'm looking to do a front and rear camera myself. I was planing on doing
    the install with a number of guys in Middletown DE early summer. Let us know how you make out.

3. viper2ko

viper2ko Active Member

Any idea which camera you wanna buy

4. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

NO, I'll ask a couple of guys that have installed one to see if they prefer one over another.

5. redy

redy Member

I'm watching this thread. Bought the black vue dash cam before the Tesla and now it's been 6 months, still not installed. Wasn't sure where to go.

6. crashvt

crashvt Member

If you have a model S is it pretty straightforward. I did it in a couple of hours and have never taken a panel off / fished a cable before.

7. viper2ko

viper2ko Active Member

What guide for you use? I too have never taken a panel off or fished a cable. Any tips?

8. crashvt

crashvt Member

It definitely want a bit unnerving when the panels go pop. I used a couple of things. I used this to do the hookup to the power and pull to the back: BlackVue DR750S-2CH installation in 2017 Tesla Model S

For the rear camera- Instead of fishing the wire through the grommet I jumped the gap found in this video: