Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam Power not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MS 2018 built Jan 2018. I have the cable in the overhead next to the mics but I can not get any power out of it for my dash cam. I tried the fare left cable for power and the far right cable skipping the center one for ground but can not get power. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 85
F29232FA-70C5-4568-9828-85DE966BC697.jpeg
06C57E68-98E7-40C1-AF04-FC070128EFA3.jpeg
I have a MS 2018 built Jan 2018. I have the cable in the overhead next to the mics but I can not get any power out of it for my dash cam. I tried the fare left cable for power and the far right cable skipping the center one for ground but can not get power. Any help would be great.

Check that you didnt blow fuse F100 . Its the fuse for this connection rated at 5A located in the frunk fusebox. I had the same problem and found out I blew the fuse during testing.

Besides the fuse, a good test would be a voltmeter on the cable (socket) to see if there is any power there. It’s likely the fuse is blown, but a voltmeter or other tester is a better method than the actual device. A few dollars for a low voltage tester will save you a lot of time. Be sure to get one that does continuity testing also (most do) then you can use it to test fuses and the like (when removed from the fuse block!) as continuity testing is something you need often when installing/cabling.

Reactions: JohnnyG