TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dashcam Power not working

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BioTech, Jun 1, 2018.

1. BioTech

BioTech Member

I have a MS 2018 built Jan 2018. I have the cable in the overhead next to the mics but I can not get any power out of it for my dash cam. I tried the fare left cable for power and the far right cable skipping the center one for ground but can not get power. Any help would be great.

Attached Files:

2. Axtrader

Axtrader Member

F29232FA-70C5-4568-9828-85DE966BC697.jpeg 06C57E68-98E7-40C1-AF04-FC070128EFA3.jpeg
    Check that you didnt blow fuse F100 . Its the fuse for this connection rated at 5A located in the frunk fusebox. I had the same problem and found out I blew the fuse during testing.

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Besides the fuse, a good test would be a voltmeter on the cable (socket) to see if there is any power there. It’s likely the fuse is blown, but a voltmeter or other tester is a better method than the actual device. A few dollars for a low voltage tester will save you a lot of time. Be sure to get one that does continuity testing also (most do) then you can use it to test fuses and the like (when removed from the fuse block!) as continuity testing is something you need often when installing/cabling.

• Like x 1