Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam problems on >= 2021.24.10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm tracking this thread on the model Y forum. I seem to have the same problem. Anyone else?

Synopsis: dashcam was working fine prior to 2021.24.10. Since then (and still on 2021.24.11), the dashcam icon isn't present. If I format the USB from the car, it will appear for about 15 seconds, then silently disappear without any errors. The same SSD (500G high-speed digital media) works flawlessly in my computer.

I’ve seen other reports that formatting the USB in the car doesn’t create the required TeslaCam folder, but that wouldn’t explain the fact that the dashcam works for 15 seconds and then disappears.

I’ve noticed more USB issues in general lately in my Model S, which is running 2021.32.20. USB music fails to resume playback when you get into the car more often than it did before. It used to resume most of the time if Sentry Mode was on, but now it often fails to resume even then. I’ve had a couple of USB Device Malfunction errors recently, and had to remove and reinsert the music USB to make the car see it. I haven’t seen more dashcam issues than before, but I don’t format the dashcam drive in the car because you can’t if you have two USB devices.