Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long (duration) does the dashcam records? One hour, two...etc? Or the entire trip under I stop, however long that would be?

How many dashcam events does the dashcam records? For example, if I drive to work and back home. I could only find the drive back home in the recent tab. There isn't anything under the Dashcam tab.

Is it possible to set it to continuously record like a aftermarket dashcam? For example, my wife told me she ran over something on the road 2days ago....when I went to look, I only see the last drive she did.

How long (duration) does the dashcam records? One hour, two...etc? Or the entire trip under I stop, however long that would be?

How many dashcam events does the dashcam records? For example, if I drive to work and back home. I could only find the drive back home in the recent tab. There isn't anything under the Dashcam tab.

Is it possible to set it to continuously record like a aftermarket dashcam? For example, my wife told me she ran over something on the road 2days ago....when I went to look, I only see the last drive she did.
It's not a traditional dash cam. If you push save or honk to save, then you'll get 10 minutes each time. If you don't you might not get what you want. Although it records 10-minute clips they are overwritten if you don't manually "save" each 10-minute clip.

It's not a traditional dash cam. If you push save or honk to save, then you'll get 10 minutes each time. If you don't you might not get what you want. Although it records 10-minute clips they are overwritten if you don't manually "save" each 10-minute clip.
Does that 10 minutes start when I hit the button/honk, or is it several minutes before and after the honk? I'm assuming the latter.

I find that unless I manually tap the "Record" button to save the Dashcam footage, nothing ever gets saved onto my USB that is readable via the onboard viewer. In other words, nothing is constantly recording/saving like a typical dashcam you buy from Amazon and place on your windshield.

So I find myself having to tap the Record/Save manually every 10 minutes.

Am I missing something?