TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dashcam recordings to SSD

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by x-rm, Jul 28, 2020.

1. x-rm

x-rm Member

This may well have been covered in the past but has anyone tried using an SSD drive as a dashcam save location (instead of a memory stick) - not sure what technical challenges it might present but was figuring on a 250Gb SSD for low power requirements and not having the spinning disk of a normal external HDD in a moving car. Was not sure if the car would support it or have enough power to run it - anyone with experience of this willing to share?

2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Yes. Common solution these days.

3. x-rm

x-rm Member

Good to know - thank you

4. glide

glide Active Member

Yup. I use a 500GB T7 SSD

5. Dechidus

Dechidus Member

I have a SSD from my old model 3 with a jeda hub that used to hide it, it was pretty neat. Anything out there in the market that does something similar? Where do you guys place your SSDs?

6. glide

glide Active Member

Jeda makes a new version of their hub for the MY and new M3 wireless charging setup.

7. Dechidus

Dechidus Member

I heard, but i wonder if they are going to make one for the model X

8. Misternt

Misternt Member

500GB Samsung T5 here and it works great.