Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DashCam & Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I just set up a USB drive for DashCam and Sentry Mode. It’s working and all footages are saved on the USB. However, I can no longer view footages on the screen. Is this correct? Can I still view footages in the car even with the USB plugged in? Thanks.

Hi, I just set up a USB drive for DashCam and Sentry Mode. It’s working and all footages are saved on the USB. However, I can no longer view footages on the screen. Is this correct? Can I still view footages in the car even with the USB plugged in? Thanks.
You can view the video for the Dash Cam or Sentry Mode events. The Dash Cam events are saved if the Tesla detects a collision has occurred or if you have set honking the horn to save the Dash Cam buffer. You can also tap the Dash Cam icon on the screen. Sentry Mode events are logged, you can view them while parked.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dre78
I am currently on 2021.4.6, this update and the last 2020.x.x update no longer lets me view my sentry mode videos without first rebooting car, works once or twice and then I have to reboot

Last edited: