Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam Unavailable Check USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with a message being thrown stating that the Dashcam Is unavailable, check USB.
This just started happening. So I formatted the USB drive and enabled/disabled the Dashcam and the red X disappeared but came back again with the same message. Pulled the drive and viewed it on my pc and recent files have been written to it.
Anyone?

I just noticed that after I reboot my 2020 LRMY because of the USB storage issue with version 2022.12.3.2 that the Climate Control dashboard vent settings are changed. The direction of the airflow of the driver's dashboard vent moves down to the bottom of the vehicle and to one corner. After you reboot version 2022.12.3.2 check your Climate Control vent settings.
Haven’t had this issue after I reboot, yet. 😭

Upvote 0
I just noticed that after I reboot my 2020 LRMY because of the USB storage issue with version 2022.12.3.2 that the Climate Control dashboard vent settings are changed. The direction of the airflow of the driver's dashboard vent moves down to the bottom of the vehicle and to one corner. After you reboot version 2022.12.3.2 check your Climate Control vent settings.
Wow, thanks. I thought it was just me. My drovers vent went up into my face, and it even seemed to not be targeting the correct temperature !

Upvote 0
So, I got the update last night and drove the car for the first time this morning. When I got in the car I had the red X, but then it went away on it's own (maybe after the systems woke up). Let's see if it is GONE FOR GOOD!

In my opinion, that doesn't seem promising. Prior to 2022.12.x, my vehicle never even once had a red X on the dashcam icon. I believe they'll need to fix it in the next release such as 2022.13.x or whatever.

Upvote 0
Interestingly, after upgrading to 2022.12.3.2 from .1 my ❌ goes away when the car wakes up at first drive. It has done so reliably each day since the update. I have the dashcam icon in the tray so I can always see it.
I had the same for a while but today I had to perform the old trick of removing the usb for 15 seconds...reinserting it. Here's hoping 2022.16.x addresses this annoyance. :)

Upvote 0