Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam: usb drive is full

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep getting this error message but my drive is empty. Any insight? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 311
I'm getting an error saying my drive is too slow. I've had my drive since March and had no issues. But in the last week or two it almost NEVER works when I get in the car to drive somewhere. It ALWAYS shows the gray "X". I have to take my drive out and put it back in and then it starts working properly again. It started about the same time I updated to 2019.24.4...

I don't get this message unless my drive is actually full.
I have purchased the App which enables iPhone viewing of the recorded videos.
But I use the App more for deleting old files on the go. I like that I can free up space without using a computer.

I keep getting this error message but my drive is empty. Any insight? Thanks
The car is upset because it sees that you are listening to Bloomberg Radio. :)

Besides what @Tam suggested/asked:
  • Reboot the car and see if the drive mounts correctly.
  • The drive might be corrupted. This happens a lot. Unplug the drive and check on a computer (Windows or iSomething)
  • The drive might be formatted with something larger than 32 MB. That is the limit that it will accept.
  • Make sure you spelled "TeslaCam" correctly. Not "Tesla Cam" or "TelsaCam" or "TeslaCamera" or its not in the top level directory etc.
  • Provide more info, starting with the answers to the @Tam questions.

Is this the first time that you tried?

Did it ever work for you?

Does the drive has a supported format?

Did you create a folder called "TeslaCam" ?
In addition to @Tam 's questions, if you did have files on the drive previously and you deleted them via your computer, be sure to also empty the Trash bin to actually free up the physical space once occupied by those files. If this is a new drive that never had files on it, then follow Tam's questions.

Reactions: srredbeard
bunch of people are having the same problem

Yep, I've been using the same 4G flash drive for months, and it has never been full. But after the last update, I suddenly got a "full" error message. Even after erasing, reformatting, emptying trash and re-inserting into the USB port in the car, the drive gets filled within a few hours. I've heard this is a bug, but rebooting the system doesn't help.

Yep, I've been using the same 4G flash drive for months, and it has never been full. But after the last update, I suddenly got a "full" error message. Even after erasing, reformatting, emptying trash and re-inserting into the USB port in the car, the drive gets filled within a few hours. I've heard this is a bug, but rebooting the system doesn't help.

Same issues here and Tesla has not resolved.