Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam USB too slow after V10 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just hope your SSDs are designed to work in the temperatures your vehicles may experience. Not all SSDs (like any memory storage product) are not created equal. Most of these are designed to work in relatively climate stable computer environments. Not in vehicles that can go from -20C to 80C.

I just hope your SSDs are designed to work in the temperatures your vehicles may experience. Not all SSDs (like any memory storage product) are not created equal. Most of these are designed to work in relatively climate stable computer environments. Not in vehicles that can go from -20C to 80C.

What is the temperature range of your storage solution? My ssd is "rated" from 0c to 70c. Generally heat is the most destructive and if my car does get anywhere close to 70C internal I hope Cabin Overheat has kicked in and kept it from that extreme.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Is anyone having success with "SanDisk 1TB Extreme PRO Portable External SSD" for Sentry / Dashcam storage for Model X? I know Samsung T5 is used and recommended by many folks here but I wonder how that performs as well given the fact it must likely has a bus power draw higher than the 2W Model X threshold (vs. 5~6 for Model 3 and Y).