Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam video bucket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was driving along 2 nights ago and these oblivious deer were walking along. You can see in the video I flash my lights at them a dozen times and they could give a ****. Was pretty awesome to see them so up close though.

There was another driver behind me, but thankfully he wasn't tailgating and thankfully I was able to slow down gradually as I saw the deer pretty far in advance.

BlackVue 650. Video looks a bit blurry because it's zoomed in and cropped, also very dark outside. Don't know why the thumbnail looks blocky and rainbow. The actual video is normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last week, kinda scary situation involving a pickup truck passing a car coming straight towards us. He barely made it around in time.

(View the video at 1080p and full screen for a better sense of it)

My brother tried doing a pass like that once in our family '97 Honda Odyssey, not long after he got his license. He floored the pedal and it barely did anything. He ended up forcing a few oncoming cars to the shoulder. I still remember eating Pringles and saying something like "mmph nnng!" (or maybe I was just thinking that). He became much more careful about passing after that.

Moral of the story: Slow down if you see that happen in front of you, especially if there's no shoulder and it's an Odyssey.

What is creating the alarm sound, and how (i.e. what exactly caused the alarm to sound) ?
Cheers, Greg.

It's a Beltronics STiR+ laser detector sounding an alarm "rear laser blocking" meaning it's detected a rear laser signal and is actively jamming it.

But in really it's RF interference from the horn that triggers a rear laser false alarm.

Kinda annoying, bit only when I honk the horn, which isn't very often. :/

It's a Beltronics STiR+ laser detector sounding an alarm "rear laser blocking" meaning it's detected a rear laser signal and is actively jamming it.

But in really it's RF interference from the horn that triggers a rear laser false alarm.

Kinda annoying, bit only when I honk the horn, which isn't very often. :/

I watched the vid several times again, and did not hear any horn. Maybe it was drowned out by the alarm ?
GH

Autopilot and TACC use radar (radio waves), sonar (sound waves) and a camera. They don't use lasers (yet), so a laser jammer (coherent light) won't have any effect on them.

What about other cars. Other manufacturers started using lasers over 20 years ago. I don't know if they still use such systems, but I'm sure many of those cars are still on the road.