Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam video bucket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These always look a little less dramatic than they are in real life of course, but I almost ate some exhaust pipe when a lady pulled in front of me.

No signal, no look, no fun. And yes, I politely said "Go ahead" as if she could hear me. (I was really cursing on the inside).

Last edited by a moderator:
These always look a little less dramatic than they are in real life of course, but I almost ate some exhaust pipe when a lady pulled in front of me.

No signal, no look, no fun. And yes, I politely said "Go ahead" as if she could hear me. (I was really cursing on the inside).

What's really cool is that you apparently have the super special forward collision warning system with precognition, as it sounded before the other car had even moved into your lane! It knew what was about to happen before it happened! :)

(I'm kidding of course. It looks like the forward collision warning sounded because you were in the process of switching lanes, and the traffic in the lane you were leaving had basically stopped, which was also why you very understandably ignored it, since you were going to be completely out of that lane before reaching the slowing or stopped cars.)

Here are a couple videos from earlier this week involving snow and ice.

Car slides into curb while approaching U-turn.

My car is pelted by ice flying off a car that wasn't cleared off well enough. Watch to the end for the big chunk that hits my windshield, which I'm glad didn't crack it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's really cool is that you apparently have the super special forward collision warning system with precognition, as it sounded before the other car had even moved into your lane! It knew what was about to happen before it happened! :)

(I'm kidding of course. It looks like the forward collision warning sounded because you were in the process of switching lanes, and the traffic in the lane you were leaving had basically stopped, which was also why you very understandably ignored it, since you were going to be completely out of that lane before reaching the slowing or stopped cars.)

Hehe. Actually what I'm curious about was the other sound...the "ba-ba" that played as I was braking hard. (Not the dashcam sound that Blackvue owners will recognize). I think it's the same sound you hear when there's a charging issue, and at other times too. I didn't notice any messages but was curious what it was for. Maybe it plays when ABS engages?

Hehe. Actually what I'm curious about was the other sound...the "ba-ba" that played as I was braking hard. (Not the dashcam sound that Blackvue owners will recognize). I think it's the same sound you hear when there's a charging issue, and at other times too. I didn't notice any messages but was curious what it was for. Maybe it plays when ABS engages?

Also get that sound when you hit both pedals, and you may have missed the visible warning because you were looking at the car merging into your lane and because the message goes away as soon as you're not pressing both pedals, which can be less than a second.

Also get that sound when you hit both pedals, and you may have missed the visible warning because you were looking at the car merging into your lane and because the message goes away as soon as you're not pressing both pedals, which can be less than a second.

It's possible I guess. Yesterday I was reminded that sound also plays if you try to shift out of park without your foot on the brake.

Similar to Todd's video, on the way home this evening, I had someone suddenly pull into my turn lane without signaling or looking. I'm glad there was a break in oncoming traffic. On another note, the weather was amazing. Upper 60F's and not a cloud in sight, so I had my sunroof and windows wide open.

Last edited:
Outside of playing with the remote honk, I've only honked once in the entire life of my car. It was at someone who was distracted at a green light for about 5 seconds. The honk didn't sound friendly and I felt kind of bad.

I don't honk because I don't get angry when driving and in the majority of cases, I don't think honking really helps with either my reaction time or correcting the other driver's mistake (probably just as likely to confuse them and make it worse). Well, maybe I do get a little angry, but it's usually at the people who do honk and tailgate and weave and generally have no respect for others, and I keep it to myself by feeling happy when those people don't get their way (e.g. I stay in my lane and still go faster than them weaving). When close calls happen like in the video, I don't have strong negative feelings about it because it's kind of exciting and makes good YouTube material; I'm almost ashamed to admit how many times I watched my own video. People make mistakes and I think most of them aren't completely oblivious to their mistakes and will probably learn something from it without me shoving it in their face.
[/soapbox]

Here's my highway sideswipe hit-and-run. Watch the BMW in the left lane.

I went after the guy, but he refused to pull over. Amazingly, there was absolutely zero damage to the car, not even a scratch. I don't know how that happens. I did get his plate number, but since there was no damage, I didn't pursue it with the authorities.

This is a 2-channel AVI file playing in VLC. I shot this with my cell phone because I don't know how to get the two channels embedded into a single PIP video.

I went after the guy, but he refused to pull over. Amazingly, there was absolutely zero damage to the car, not even a scratch. I don't know how that happens. I did get his plate number, but since there was no damage, I didn't pursue it with the authorities.

Wow..! Maybe it was only a tire to tire contact, its amazing you've got no damage. He might have some damage on his side, if say, your tire touched his side quarter panel or something like that...

This is a 2-channel AVI file playing in VLC. I shot this with my cell phone because I don't know how to get the two channels embedded into a single PIP video.

Could it be that collision avoidance kicked in and there was not contact?

Wow..! Maybe it was only a tire to tire contact, its amazing you've got no damage. He might have some damage on his side, if say, your tire touched his side quarter panel or something like that...

The tires are well within the wheel wells, so I'm not sure how that would have happened without touching the wheel well. I couldn't really see if he had any damage, but it didn't seem so.
Could it be that collision avoidance kicked in and there was not contact?

2013 non-AP car, so nope. You can see my car jolt a little bit when he hits me. He definitely hit me in the left front fender.. there's no sound on the video, unfortunately, or else you could hear it (and a lot of cursing right afterwards!)

@HankLloydRight Could it have been just a mirror clash?

I guess possibly, but again, no sign of contact or damage. You can see how his pax door hits my front fender pretty clearly on the original video.

Am I crazy, or is it possible that lunatic side-swiped you on purpose?

It almost looks as if you passed him on the right, that ticked him off and he figured "he'd show you" so he accelerated, caught up to you, and purposely side-swiped you, and then drove off. Am I wrong?

You're absolutely right. Here's the entire event preceding the hit-and-run video above:

-- I moved from center lane to left lane to pass slower vehicle, I looked first, and the left lane was clear
-- He came up fast behind me during my maneuver
-- I immediately moved to the right to let him pass
-- he slowed down and didn't pass me for about 15 seconds and then decides to pass me
(video ends, see original video)
-- he passes me briefly, and then slows down again to move behind me in the left lane
-- then passes me again and swerves to hit my car and then guns it away

When he passes me the first time, you can see him swerve to the left into the shoulder. So maybe he was drunk, but it was pretty early in the morning (before noon), and it was a younger kid (20's or early 30's) driving.