Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam video bucket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When he passes me the first time, you can see him swerve to the left into the shoulder. So maybe he was drunk, but it was pretty early in the morning (before noon), and it was a younger kid (20's or early 30's) driving.

Please, please, please.. call the cops immediately if this ever happens and report it. They could have at least pulled him over and made sure he wasn't drunk before he has the chance of killing someone.

I avoided a collision with a truck today by braking and swerving to my right as the truck moved into my lane, basically on top of me. You can see the black truck merging from the left. It has its own lane for quite some time, so there was no need for it to try to use mine, especially since I was already there and using it!

The other driver (truck) wanted to take a left turn all of the sudden and could not see the MS, his lane is supposed to be right turn only.
I can't believe it! But more amazingly, I want a system like that for my Model S. Only having the front windshield and rear hatch doesn't seem like enough for me. Do you have more information about your system that I can look into?

Reactions: GoTslaGo
It hurts every time I look at these pictures....only had it for 5 months, there's nothing my driver could have done to avoid it....

upload_2016-7-2_3-59-1.png

upload_2016-7-2_3-59-50.png

upload_2016-7-2_4-0-53.png

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I had an appointment at 8am this past Thursday, pulled into the garage of the office building and left the car with the valet. On Saturday, I noticed the dent, and thought back to where I had parked. I knew it must have been that morning so I reviewed the footage. What do you know, the valet driver backed it up into a wall corner. Also note, when he first goes to move the car, he accidentally put it in reverse for a second, almost hitting the car behind mine. Of course, when I picked up the car from valet, nobody said anything, hoping I wouldn't notice, be able to prove it, and the problem would go away. What a surprise...

Any advice on what to do? Do I get an estimate and then show up at the valet and ask them to pay for it? Do I show them exactly where it happened, who did it, and see what kind of denials I get - before - showing them the evidence? Do I go through my insurance company? Any advice would be appreciated.

Here's some interesting driving captured on my dashcam the other day...

The video clip starts as I pull forward to wait at a traffic light in the left turn lane. Keep an eye on the silver Nissan coming out of the alley to the right, just as the schoolbus passes. The video then cuts to the rear camera view -- notice the unusual maneuver the Nissan driver takes to get into the left turn lane behind me...

The video clip starts as I pull forward to wait at a traffic light in the left turn lane. Keep an eye on the silver Nissan coming out of the alley to the right, just as the schoolbus passes. The video then cuts to the rear camera view -- notice the unusual maneuver the Nissan driver takes to get into the left turn lane behind me...

Wow!

I'm speechless.

Great video though. Where do you have the rear camera positioned?

I actually can't believe my eyes. WTAF?
Sitting at the light, as I noticed the Nissan disappear from my forward/peripheral view, I'm thinking, "WTF, where's that car going?!?" Then as I continued to watch in my rear view mirror and rear camera display, I couldn't believe what I was seeing!!

I'm speechless.

Great video though. Where do you have the rear camera positioned?

thx. the rear cam is top/center of the rear window.