Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 Model 3. I am able to save dash cam video to the Tesla computer, however I am unable to export it or download it to an external device. I have two (2) USB ports in the center console which works fine for playing music from the USB. Please advise how to either email dash cam video from my Model 3, or how to download the dash cam video to a USB, etc. Thank you

I have a 2021 Model 3. I am able to save dash cam video to the Tesla computer, however I am unable to export it or download it to an external device. I have two (2) USB ports in the center console which works fine for playing music from the USB. Please advise how to either email dash cam video from my Model 3, or how to download the dash cam video to a USB, etc. Thank you

The USB that dashcam saves its videos on is in the glove compartment on your model year model 3. There is no storage of videos to "the tesla computer".

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 10.46.59 AM.png

Upvote 0
If they don't have new models then they likely don't know! This was a feature from 2021 onwards...

I would imagine that every tesla service center and delivery center should be aware the USB for Sentry cam is in the glove compartment. It depends on how the question was asked. If it was asked the same way it was asked here ( "How do I move videos from sentry to my computer"), that doesnt sound like someone doesnt know the USB drive is in the glove compartment.

It sounds like someone is having issues copying the data from the USB to their computer. The tesla people would have been scared of "insulting" the OP and asking anything like "Did you take the USB out of the glove compartment?" if that was the case.

We were not there, so dont know, but I am speculating at the question asked by how it was asked here, and my lifetime spent in either directly supporting, or managing people who support, computer systems.

Upvote 0
I would imagine that every tesla service center and delivery center should be aware the USB for Sentry cam is in the glove compartment. It depends on how the question was asked. If it was asked the same way it was asked here ( "How do I move videos from sentry to my computer"), that doesnt sound like someone doesnt know the USB drive is in the glove compartment.

It sounds like someone is having issues copying the data from the USB to their computer. The tesla people would have been scared of "insulting" the OP and asking anything like "Did you take the USB out of the glove compartment?" if that was the case.

We were not there, so dont know, but I am speculating at the question asked by how it was asked here, and my lifetime spent in either directly supporting, or managing people who support, computer systems.
I took it that he was talking about stopping at superchargers and talking to other owners rather than SC's??

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
I took it that he was talking about stopping at superchargers and talking to other owners rather than SC's??

Maybe so. I took "Tesla location" to be something other than a Supercharger, but it certainly could be. There wouldnt be any expectation that "stopping by" a supercharger would yield anyone to talk to about something like this, it it is ambiguous for sure... which leads me to believe that its even more likely a "how the question was asked" thing.

Upvote 0