Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam Viewer Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

avfcbez

M3P MULTICOAT RED
Mar 4, 2022
uk
Hi all

me again

my dash cam view is blank? Previously I could view all recording and look at sentry mode, now when I press the viewer button I get a blank screen ?

any ideas, I have tried to delete footage but cant see as blank screen to see if detailed anything, can’t view any recordings even though the icon says recording?

happy for any info or solution to fix, I have even formatted the Tesla USB but no good.

Attachments

• 30151959-3694-4CDA-8159-E46CE8E43387.jpeg
    30151959-3694-4CDA-8159-E46CE8E43387.jpeg
    341.2 KB · Views: 521
  • 3C6D8805-6F70-440D-B10D-4FCED89E6AE1.jpeg
    3C6D8805-6F70-440D-B10D-4FCED89E6AE1.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 275
  • DD04836F-4A9A-4BFD-8CF3-E322A8E64148.jpeg
    DD04836F-4A9A-4BFD-8CF3-E322A8E64148.jpeg
    340.7 KB · Views: 268
  • CF2D9BD7-2953-47FB-AF94-1BCAF493B774.jpeg
    CF2D9BD7-2953-47FB-AF94-1BCAF493B774.jpeg
    329.2 KB · Views: 299
There was a firmware bug that led to my Dashcam to quit recording. If I tried to reformat it through the car, there was a error.

While you’re driving, hit the cam button to see if it records footage. If it doesn’t, you may have to reformat your USB/SSD on your computer. Here is a video on how to do that:

Cheers for the answers, although not sure it is the usb drive as i cant get the page to show for sentry mode or dash cam this page is blank. Previously there was a list of to toggle between even with or without recordings, the Dash viewer screen is blank. Previously even without a USB you should be able to view the page but as I say it’s blank see pics.

I got the same kinda problem. The dashcam is blank when first turned on, but it will come out after a while. But whether it is sentry mode or the video recorded by the dashcam is either unplayable or only 1 second. Tried rebooting the screen and also tried formatting the USB too, also tried to play it on PC, but it really just recorded like 1 sec and that's it. From time to time, the bottom icon will have a "red cross" and indicate that the dashcam is unavailable. This happened after the UI update. Don't really know what is going on.

same problem here....
Dashcam becomes "unavailable" with usb card error message in the security tab. Reformatting fails the first time and then success the second time.
Then it works for a while and become "unavailable" again. This is only happening since the last update I think

Reactions: Floydsox
check if you have the dash cam unavaible after using sentry live camera feed from the mobile phone. I think there is a bug from the last software update

That makes some sense for me, since I have recently started using sentry live camera feed as well as recently started seeing this issue. I do know it isn’t a 100% cause-effect, however, because I did use sentry live view yesterday without the “dash cam unavailable” problem happening…

Reactions: moriwaky
Happened again today and this time I did the double button reset on it. Third time in 2-3 weeks. I think I will go a few weeks without using sentry live view, and see if the problem still happens…
OK, experiment concluded as far as I am concerned — dashcam became unavailable again today even though I have used live sentry view zero times. The good news is that all I had to do to get it back was re-seat the USB drive. My feeling is that this is Tesla’s bug and there ain’t anything that anybody else can do about it besides wait for Tesla to fix it…

Reactions: moriwaky
I'm noticing this in my car today. Every time I started my car from sleep, I had to either format the card or re insert it to get dashcam working. I thought my performance SD had given up but I swapped for my SSD which I used for almost a year before replacing it and it did the same thing.

I think I'm going to log it with Tesla but it looks like a software bug.

I see that there was 1 sentry event. Once I clicked on Dashcam (which had a red ❌ at the top right) I get ‘dashcam unavailable check usb’. I tried removing the usb and replacing it. Nothing happened. I tapped the message several times, then it started showing an earlier event. The ❌ disappeared from dashcam. Now it’s just constantly refreshing.i clicked the refreshing screen and the videos came up.