Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashswap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to swap my wooden dash with a white one as my interior is black and exterior is white. I am located in Maryland and willing to travel a reasonable distance (Washington DC, Baltimore) but we can work that out if someone is willing. Thanks

Very interested! Is this still available? Bought my car May 2019 too!

Long story short, but wife ordered black seats at my behest (June 2019 delivery) and has regretted it ever since so she decided to change everything to white. For the dash we asked at a service center if we could just order the white dash part (like you'd do at the parts counter of a regular car dealership) and they told us to put in a service request through the app and a mobile tech would order and install. I have to say, I was pretty skeptical given Tesla's substandard service history, but we did just that. We sheduled an appointment about 3 weeks out and got a notice back from Tesla after about 2.5 weeks that the part still wasn't in. So we pushed it out about another week. Sure enough, the mobile tech showed up to my house at the scheduled date/time and swapped out wood dash for the white dash right in our driveway. Took about 10 minutes. Cost about $350 from what I remember. So for those looking to swap dashes this was a great option. Just find the part number of the dash you want to purchase using the Tesla parts lookup and include that in the writeup on the app.

Long story short, but wife ordered black seats at my behest (June 2019 delivery) and has regretted it ever since so she decided to change everything to white. For the dash we asked at a service center if we could just order the white dash part (like you'd do at the parts counter of a regular car dealership) and they told us to put in a service request through the app and a mobile tech would order and install. I have to say, I was pretty skeptical given Tesla's substandard service history, but we did just that. We sheduled an appointment about 3 weeks out and got a notice back from Tesla after about 2.5 weeks that the part still wasn't in. So we pushed it out about another week. Sure enough, the mobile tech showed up to my house at the scheduled date/time and swapped out wood dash for the white dash right in our driveway. Took about 10 minutes. Cost about $350 from what I remember. So for those looking to swap dashes this was a great option. Just find the part number of the dash you want to purchase using the Tesla parts lookup and include that in the writeup on the app.

Did you get to keep the old wood dash?