Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Data and unlimited Supercharing don't transfer to new owner???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TMC brain trust-

I'm going to be selling my 2013 Tesla Model S which has free unlimited Supercharging and Premium Connectivity which I assume is the 4G LTE that I got "upgraded" too when they fixed my center screen issue and replaced it. I bought this 2013 in 2014 from the original owner, and the free Supercharging and free data transferred to me no problem.

I texted my service advisor and asked him if my free Supercharging and free Premium Connectivity will transfer to the new buyer, and he says no. I've read posts on this forum and I think the answer is supposed to be "yes" to both. If the answer is supposed to be "yes," how do I get a definitive answer? Thanks.

A definitive answer is, Maybe. If you sell the car to another individual, it should transfer. I know it does on the first transfer. I assume it does on subsequent private party transfers. If the vehicle has ever transferred thru Tesla or a Third Party, it may not transfer.
"Tesla may remove the option upon the transfer of the vehicle between private parties if a dealership was ever involved." See full info at: Does Free Supercharging Transfer When You Sell Your Tesla?

Also, Tesla can change the policy at any time. The definitive answer is still probably yes, unless you sell it thru a dealer, auction, or anything other than a person to person sale.

A definitive answer is, Maybe. If you sell the car to another individual, it should transfer. I know it does on the first transfer. I assume it does on subsequent private party transfers. If the vehicle has ever transferred thru Tesla or a Third Party, it may not transfer.
"Tesla may remove the option upon the transfer of the vehicle between private parties if a dealership was ever involved." See full info at: Does Free Supercharging Transfer When You Sell Your Tesla?

Also, Tesla can change the policy at any time. The definitive answer is still probably yes, unless you sell it thru a dealer, auction, or anything other than a person to person sale.

Thanks Derby!