Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Data display errors in Tesla Solar app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There seems to be several errors in the way solar and Powerwall data is displayed in the app. I wanted to see if others are seeing this as well or if there is something configured wrong with my system.

iOS App Version: 4.5.1
The Solar tab appears correct.
The Powerwall tab appears correct except for Self-Powered percentage.
The Home and Grid tabs graphs appear correct, but the stats and percentages below them are not.

Home Usage: 47.8 kWh
- From Solar 24.9 kWh (correct)
- From Powerwall 7.5 kWh (should be 17.9 kWh)
- From Grid 15.4 kWh (should be ~5 kWh)
- Self Powered 68% (should be ~90%)

Solar Generation: 57 kWh
- To Home 24.9 kWh
- To Powerwall 13.7 kWh
- To Grid 18.4 kWh

Grid: -13.2 kWh
- From Grid 15.6 kWh (should be ~5 kWh)
- To Grid 28.7 kWh (should be 18.4 kWh)

PNG image.pngPNG image 2.pngPNG image 3.pngPNG image 4.png

In almost all of these cases, it boils down to either mis configured CTs or lack of CTs in a particular install. I am guessing this is a new install and its never reported correctly (or what you expect). I havent seen any of these instances where "it used to report 100% correct, and now it doesnt".

They just finally added the CTs on the non-backed up loads. But what's odd, is the raw data downloads look correct. And all the live values in the app look correct. And the graphs are correct so it’s just the data stats below the graphs that are off.

I have 2 CTs on the solar inverters, one CT on the Gateway (configured as site) and one CT on the non-backed up loads (also configured as site). The live data from the Gateway all looks correct.

Could the Gateway possibly need a reset? I'm dubious since the power flow is correct, just the display in the app is off.

Last edited:
I also noticed the From Grid numbers on the House and Grid tabs don’t match which makes no sense.
I see this too. The from grid in the grid tab is usually 200-500 Wh/day higher than the value on the house tab. I assumed this was some sort of consumption in the gateway or a slight discrepancy between the two CTs calibration.

The from grid in the grid tab matches my utility numbers to within 99.9%.

Here's at least a piece of where the bug is coming from. The Net Usage under Grid is correct, but it miscalculates the From/To and then uses this bad data in the Home tab too. This is early in the morning so I haven't used any Grid power yet.

Attachments

• PNG image.png
    PNG image.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 90