Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Data limit reached?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any data limit on the premium connectivityconnectivity?
Screenshot_20220306-204557.png

how can the car stream Live Camera via wifi, if you are not conntected to any wifi or if you don't have wifi?

Live Camera is streaming on cellular if you are not connected to wifi ...
Sorry was replying to the post above mine. Normally, yes the car is on cellular, but if you connected it to Wi-Fi (at home or work for example) it would use your Wi-Fi and not cellular so no need to cap your streaming to 15 mins.

That said why is the OP watching the cameras so often?

Upvote 0
Are you expecting Tesla to publish a workaround to bypass their premium connectivity in the manual?

Have I asked how to hack/cheat/crack tesla? No!

I asked if the data limit can be bypassed if the car in connected to own wifi not not to Tesla's cellular connection...

How some here go out of their way to deliberately misunderstand things...

Reactions: H43lio and CWT3LR
Upvote 0
Even on WiFi, it will be streaming though Tesla's servers and so they will have some cost. It won't be much but they do always have a cost.

Overall they want to cover their costs for this, so I'm sure they've done the maths and even know what percentage of the time WiFi is used.

It's just the same for all premium connectivity features, it will work over WiFi when it can but overall they want to cover their costs plus a bit.

Reactions: Skie
Upvote 0
Why is 15mins very arbitrary?
Whatever limit is applied is just as arbitrary, and you can't expect to live stream video without some limit on data usage.
From my perspective it is arbitrary because I pay a monthly for “premium” connectivity, it is close to what I pay for a month of Mobile phone service with a 100GB data cap, most of my large data downloads with the tesla are on WI-FI so 15 mins of low resolution streaming now and then isn't costing much to provide.
I can expect what I feel is normal for a customer to expect, different folks have different expectations and that’s ok with me, for me it feels cheap as opposed to “Premium”, that was my only honest perspective. I’m happy you are happy with your own expectations.

Upvote 0