Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Data nut here, wondering what apps I need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of my regrets with my Chevy Bolt is that Torque Pro app didn't have options for the Bolt when I purchased it, so I don't know what my "real" battery capacity was when I first got the car, and I was not able to monitor data at first. I want to avoid that with my MY long range when it arrives.

What apps do I need, do I need a BlueTooth OBDII dongle, how hard / easy are they to set up etc... For my phone, I have a Samsung Galaxy Fold, and my wife has iPhone 11 pro max.

Thanks,

Keith

PS: Search didn't really bring up anything useful... perhaps I used wrong search terms?

One of my regrets with my Chevy Bolt is that Torque Pro app didn't have options for the Bolt when I purchased it, so I don't know what my "real" battery capacity was when I first got the car, and I was not able to monitor data at first. I want to avoid that with my MY long range when it arrives.

What apps do I need, do I need a BlueTooth OBDII dongle, how hard / easy are they to set up etc... For my phone, I have a Samsung Galaxy Fold, and my wife has iPhone 11 pro max.

Thanks,

Keith

PS: Search didn't really bring up anything useful... perhaps I used wrong search terms?

The most popular are teslafi (yearly subscription), web based, stats (mobile app purchase AFAIK) and scanmytesla (ODB based with dongle), and teslamate (self hosted solution that provides similar data to teslafi).

I dont use any of them but those are the most popular tesla data apps I am aware of. If you google those (or search TMC for those terms) you will find lots of information about them.

• Informative
Reactions: Daekwan and KrenGrl
I have tried them all... here is the best.

I have tried them all... here is the best.

Do those come in an android version?

Keith

• Disagree
Reactions: KrenGrl
StatsApp is the one I use. It's great. Love the fact that it's a one time purchase (I try to stay away from subscriptions if at all possible) and can be shared with other iOS devices. The developer continues to add upgrades (for free, just like Tesla!) and we can add multiple cars to our profiles.

The one main issue is it's iOS only. No android. I requested the developer add android; he refused, indicating he limits his apps to iOS. It's actually one reason I switched back to iPhone.

Reactions: FlatSix911
I can’t recommend stats. The graphs are highly summarized, and visualizations represent time inconsistently (sometimes L to R, sometimes R to L) on the same page. The watch app icons do a poor jobs of representing current state, and the Siri Shortcuts are loaded with grammatical inaccuracies.

You said you are a data nut. The data is only summary level - you can’t analyze individual trips, for example. There is an export function, but you only get the same summary data.