Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Date we will see options available for order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just don't want them to gimp the car on purpose for the sake of Model S... It doesn't make sense in the long run.
If they do, maybe they'll ungimp it in the future once Model 3 production is in full swing and they don't have to worry about it Osborneing the Model S and impacting Tesla's overall sales? Of course, that's not saying they'll retroactively ungimp cars previously sold (at least, not for free). All idle speculation, of course.

I am hoping that when the design studio opens for me, I can be told with some precision, what the projected period end for the delivery will be especially when I've come to a realization that I want the AWD version that won't be produced until 3-9 months after the RWD's come out of the production lines.

I might not get the incentive if the incumbent party loses in the June 2018 election and $10k USD is a decent sum.

I was told that the delivery period gets more accurate as time goes by and hopefully it will still be within the original delivery period and not after.

I am hoping that when the design studio opens for me, I can be told with some precision, what the projected period end for the delivery will be especially when I've come to a realization that I want the AWD version that won't be produced until 3-9 months after the RWD's come out of the production lines.

I might not get the incentive if the incumbent party loses in the June 2018 election and $10k USD is a decent sum.

I was told that the delivery period gets more accurate as time goes by and hopefully it will still be within the original delivery period and not after.

Same RWD/AWD dilemma here with the 10k usd grant. If it comes down to the wire I'll get the RWD to lock in the grant. It's a second car for us.

Same RWD/AWD dilemma here with the 10k usd grant. If it comes down to the wire I'll get the RWD to lock in the grant. It's a second car for us.

Makes the decision easier for you since you will need a second car. We have three right now and I'm getting rid of one for sure (my daily driver - 02 Civic) so with that being sold, the M3 will be the third car (our 11 Accord isn't worth much but isn't problematic and seems easy to maintain DIY going forward and our 16 RAV4H will take a huge hit in depreciation), I was thinking I should just go with the AWD to better handle that 5.6 sec 0-60 mph acceleration. If I can't get the AWD in time, maybe I'll just hope for that Ontario incentive not to disappear. If it does, good bye to acquiring a M3 for the time being. :)

As long as the delivery period doesn't shift to the future, I think we can make informed decisions. Hopefully Tesla doesn't fail many of us in this regard.