Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daughter Board replaced. Now more issues!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The screen went out and the daughterboard was replaced. It took over a week in the shop but all SEEMED ok when the car came back. Picture was better and a few more features. BUT:

1). there is no instant traffic monitoring

2) Every time we try to drive the car it has to "WAKE UP". It takes a minute to adjust and then we can drive.

I have told TESLA about this and for a few weeks they simply say "it takes time for the Tec's" to "work on it".
I thought it should be a simple program fix. But I'm not a tekkie so.............

Any thoughts?

BTW, the instant traffic was for the life of the car upon our purchase of our P90D new.

Thanks!

Assume they downloaded the latest firmware and nav maps before you retrieved the car?
Just to confirm, you turned RTTI back on after getting the car back? Everything was reset so along with profiles, Homelink, etc., I also had to turn on satellite overlay as well as RTTI after my board replacement a couple weeks ago as well.
I don’t have to wait a minute when entering the car, though. MCU instantly wakes up when I open a door.

I have a 2016 P90D as well with AP1 and debating b/t daughterboard and MCU2. Sounds like the original poster is experiencing some issues with just the daughterboard replacement. Would be curious if this is an isolated instance or those with AP1 cars are experiencing the same issues with just the daughterboard replacement...

Thanks!

The screen went out and the daughterboard was replaced. It took over a week in the shop but all SEEMED ok when the car came back. Picture was better and a few more features. BUT:

1). there is no instant traffic monitoring

2) Every time we try to drive the car it has to "WAKE UP". It takes a minute to adjust and then we can drive.

I have told TESLA about this and for a few weeks they simply say "it takes time for the Tec's" to "work on it".
I thought it should be a simple program fix. But I'm not a tekkie so.............

Any thoughts?

BTW, the instant traffic was for the life of the car upon our purchase of our P90D new.

Thanks!
Are you sure the energy saving mode is not turned on?

I have a 2016 P90D as well with AP1 and debating b/t daughterboard and MCU2. Sounds like the original poster is experiencing some issues with just the daughterboard replacement. Would be curious if this is an isolated instance or those with AP1 cars are experiencing the same issues with just the daughterboard replacement...

Thanks!
Vast majority so far have not had any major issues (myself included). Only issue I have right now is SXM favorites disappearing from the bar. They’ll show up for a split second then disappear.