Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daughter is having open heart surgery tommorow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The surgery went off flawlessly and she is recovering nicely in the ICU.

Blake, I am so happy to read this update!! I have three daughters myself and I can't read this thread without tearing up. Like most, I take life for granted and post about a stupid car but you have reminded me to hug my kids a little tighter tonight and be thankful for the really important things in life.

(Okay, a Tesla's not stupid (it's the smartest of all stupid cars!) but compared to the value of our children it sure is!)

Happy Easter all you Teslians!

This is Blake's wife and I am typing this with tears in my eyes. I cant explain how special this is for baby Grace to have such a support group in a Tesla forum. The moment I met my husband 6 years ago he was a true Tesla fan. I am a big Tesla fan also its just a no brainier that this is the way to correct our future for our children to have a healthy safe future. Just knowing Grace will grow up in the safest car is a blessing. Thank you for your support. Lots of emotions but baby girl is doing wonderful.

Lori

Lori, Blake, so happy for you that Grace is doing well! What a beautiful name that is. More good vibes from me, my wife and our seven-year-old son.

These little ones are tough as nails and will laugh it all off at the first chance. Our pediatrician and we were worried at one point about our son when he was not even two that there could be fluid accumulation in his skull; went through X-Rays and CT scans and thankfully, found no issues. He was genuinely tickled by all the X-Ray and CT images of his head :)

Good luck to you. My wife and I went through this when our twin daughters were born 10 weeks premature. One daughter had to endure two surgeries and 7 months in the hospital. Luckily babies and kids heal remarkably well. My two are now 20 and you'd never know anything was ever wrong.

From across the pond I am of course also glad to hear your daughter received what sounds like excellent health care, and that everything seems to have turned out according to best-case scenario this far. And I of course also hope for the absolute best-case scenario going forward.

Happy Easter all you Teslians!

This is Blake's wife and I am typing this with tears in my eyes. I cant explain how special this is for baby Grace to have such a support group in a Tesla forum. The moment I met my husband 6 years ago he was a true Tesla fan. I am a big Tesla fan also its just a no brainier that this is the way to correct our future for our children to have a healthy safe future. Just knowing Grace will grow up in the safest car is a blessing. Thank you for your support. Lots of emotions but baby girl is doing wonderful.

Lori

Tears in my eyes in response. You are truly remarkable people to rescue such an abused child as foster parents. I am in awe of your compassion. Blessings to all of you always.

I am so proud and grateful for this community tonight. Bravo to all of us, especially you two, Blake and Lori.

Thanks so much everyone for all the thoughts and prayers. Got goosebumps reading through all the replies. The surgery went off flawlessly and she is recovering nicely in the ICU. Due to her entrance into this world (was born on drugs) Her first 24 hours after surgery were pretty rough due to her very high resistance to the meds. A nurse unnerved me when he said that a "normal" baby on the amount of meds she was on would have stopped breathing and they seemed to not even be helping her.

She is doing much better now in a deep sleep with less meds. About to feed and hold her as I type this. Will be our first time to hold her since surgery.

As for donations there are none needed. The entire bill will be covered by medacaid. For all the problems with the adoption process and the healthcare system her coverage in this manner has been exceptional :)

So happy for you and as a dad with a 16 month old and friends with a twin born 6 weeks early still in ICU my thoughts are with you everyday.