Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dave Metcalf and son Adam break the 400 miles challenge! Incredible...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Untitled.jpg

Long time lurker here excited about Tesla and the Model S. I have to wonder though how this challenge is going to have any positive effect on the mainstream buyers. Going 400 miles in one charge is cool, and the techies and enthusiasts will love it, but averaging 25 mph on the highway and taking all day to do so isn't exactly going to win the regular joe to want to buy the car. If you go slow enough, I'm sure 500 miles would be possible but people don't drive that way. I'm also echoing a previous poster in questioning how you go so slow on a Florida highway without getting pulled over by the police, isn't there a minimum speed limit?

Yeah, as matt says, it's a bit like those MotorTrend folks sweating it out from LA to Vegas on one charge. Atleast, Florida in December is ideal for this kind of thing.

All the same, looks like dmetcalf and son should be getting there right about now!

Congrats in advance!

Sitting here chewing my nails to get news. Did they make it?

I am (figuratively) doing the same!

Yeah, as matt says, it's a bit like those MotorTrend folks sweating it out from LA to Vegas on one charge. Atleast, Florida in December is ideal for this kind of thing.

All the same, looks like dmetcalf and son should be getting there right about now!

Congrats in advance!

Agreed, anxiously awaiting the news of completion!