Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dave Metcalf and son Adam break the 400 miles challenge! Incredible...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker here excited about Tesla and the Model S. I have to wonder though how this challenge is going to have any positive effect on the mainstream buyers.

Mainstream purchasers don't read this stuff so they'll never know unless they hear about if from one of their Tesla-owning friends.

It's official:

Untitled.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And finally, after 423.5 miles on a single charge:

Untitled.jpg

First, thanks again to all of you for the support, especially my virtual pit crew with good advice from prior attempts, etc. Adam and I had fun and shared the journey like many of you acknowledged. He turns 13 Mon, so this did have a right of passage feel to it and that was a lot of the reasoning for attempting. I will try to respond over the next couple of days. By way of explaining, I was trying to be good and only auto post from the camera function while on the road. We stopped a grand total of 17 minutes plus one routine, police stop to make sure we were okay with the hazards on in the fog so I did not see the new thread until this afternoon. Many things worked for us and a few against. I'll try to detail these and also provide a bit more narrative to go with the pix.

I am going to bed soon :). Thanks again for all the support and well wishes!

First, thanks again to all of you for the support, especially my virtual pit crew with good advice from prior attempts, etc. Adam and I had fun and shared the journey like many of you acknowledged. He turns 13 Mon, so this did have a right of passage feel to it and that was a lot of the reasoning for attempting. I will try to respond over the next couple of days. By way of explaining, I was trying to be good and only auto post from the camera function while on the road. We stopped a grand total of 17 minutes plus one routine, police stop to make sure we were okay with the hazards on in the fog so I did not see the new thread until this afternoon. Many things worked for us and a few against. I'll try to detail these and also provide a bit more narrative to go with the pix.

I am going to bed soon :). Thanks again for all the support and well wishes!
Look forward to the "whole story"! Congratuations again.