TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

David Nolan update on MS Business Insider/GreenCarReports

Discussion in 'News' started by rage_777, Mar 13, 2013.

1. rage_777

2. Soflason

Soflason Member

I usually like his stuff, he's an insightful writer. I just wish he noted that leaving the car unplugged overnight (the way Broder did senselessly) is not common practice in any way. I mean most of us even plug in our laptops, tablets, or cell phones overnight, it's becoming commonplace for any of our mobile devices (let alone a Model S).

3. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

He also doesn't seem to understand that the power loss is a temporary issue until Tesla fixes the software.

4. Benz

Benz Active Member

Sleep Mode? I think that's what Elon Musk called it. Is that correct?

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I would say he is not a very insightful writer. Most of his material has been plucking posts from forums and bunching them together. You are right though, many of his complaints are likely temporary issues he should have pointed out in his article.

6. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Yes, sleep mode.

7. dsm363

8. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

I don't have too much of an issue with this, it does seem as if Tesla will fall a bit short of their plan if you hold them to the official end date of summer. Did they specify summer in the Northern hemisphere? They may have another 6 months to go :wink: Not a real issue in the grand scheme of course.

9. dsm363

It's the title I have more of a problem with but if it drives hits or works I guess. Scrambling implies desperation. They are building them as fast as they can I suspect. These maps are a goal/snapshot at a point in time and not likely to be accurate very far out. This should hardly be news.

10. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member