Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

David Silverman, president of American Atheists on CNN with Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really, you feel like you're getting piled on? Seriously?

Back to the topic. I'll avoid interjecting humor until I have 10,000 plus posts like you.

You know what irks me is politicians that pretend to be believers when they really aren't because they have to.

In a couple hundred years people will look back on this time period and say what were those people thinking just like we look back on people that burned witches at the stake.

Back to the topic. I'll avoid interjecting humor until I have 10,000 plus posts like you.

Well yeah, that # of posts happens when you moderate for 3+ years on this forum. (Same with NigelM.) Posting rate has gone down drastically since I stepped away from it. But hey, thanks for the warning. I'll watch your post count and steer clear at that point. :)

You know what irks me is politicians that pretend to be believers when they really aren't because they have to.

Politicians that pretend on anything for the sake of votes should be cast at the bottom of a deep, dark hole. But then who would we have left? If they didn't get rewarded for that behavior with votes, they'd stop. :)

In a couple hundred years people will look back on this time period and say what were those people thinking just like we look back on people that burned witches at the stake.

I'm sure people will be looking back and asking that question. Yet to be determined WHICH group of people they'll be referring to. I'd suspect it will be the radical fringe elements of any group, religious & atheist alike.

I guess one could equally ask how many atheists celebrate St Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day, Easter and Christmas? I'm sure the folks here stand be their convictions and don't celebrate or buy their kids Christmas gifts....

It depends how you define "celebrate". I can find plenty of other reasons to share time and gifts around Christmas, and completely ignore the others.

This excerpt from the article might explain the disproportionate number of atheist Tesla owners.

"Atheists clearly lack political representation, but this isn’t to say they aren’t doing well for themselves. In fact, the group is actually disproportionately privileged in certain respects: According to a 2012 Pew survey of the religiously unaffiliated, 44 percent of “atheists/agnostics” have at least a college degree, compared to 28 percent of the general public. In addition, about 38 percent of “atheists/agnostics” earn an annual family income of at least $75,000, whereas only 29 percent of the general public can claim the same."

Last edited:
This excerpt from the article might explain the disproportionate number of atheist Tesla owners.

"Atheists clearly lack political representation, but this isn’t to say they aren’t doing well for themselves. In fact, the group is actually disproportionately privileged in certain respects: According to a 2012 Pew survey of the religiously unaffiliated, 44 percent of “atheists/agnostics” have at least a college degree, compared to 28 percent of the general public. In addition, about 38 percent of “atheists/agnostics” earn an annual family income of at least $75,000, whereas only 29 percent of the general public can claim the same."

Correlation does not imply causation. Maybe making more money or being better educated reduces one's dependence on religion. Maybe there's a completely different gene that somehow affects both. Who knows?