Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

David Vespremi No Longer with Tesla Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I speak for both of us when I say that Roberta and I were both blown away when we logged on last night and saw this most recent round of posts. Wow! I'm pretty confident that Martin knows this without my even saying it here, but for the sake of stating it publicly: In the time that I have come to know Martin, my esteem for him has continued to grow by leaps and bounds - and I came in to Tesla predisposed to thinking very highly of him. It goes without saying that I would support him in whatever way I could moving forward - as I'm sure would plenty of others. Count me in!

One of my comments that I made at the Tesla going away party for Martin was that Martin earned my respect not just for who he is and what he has achieved, but for how he has gone about it. It is a rare person that possesses not only the smarts and determination to pull off something like starting a new car company in Silicon Valley with the odds stacked against them, but to do so with class and integrity.

I hadn't planned on posting again, but as touched as I was by Roberta's post yesterday afternoon (I didn't see that one coming!) and the posts from Martin, Carolyn and others that logged on to show their support last night, I just felt I had to again express my gratitude and appreciation.

For the record, Roberta has made no less of an impression on me and I could go on filling pages with the ways she has not only shown me unwavering support but led by her own example through life's various interesting twists and turns. I know that she too is well respected in her field, and we both share the philosophy that character counts not only in one's personal life, but in professional life as well. After all, karma is just as much at play in the corporate world as it is elsewhere and short-term gain doesn’t always lead to long-term success or happiness. Hmmmm, I wonder if there is a board like this for her firm where I can sing her praises. :)

Thanks again, everyone

-- DavidV

Last edited:
Lamentation... and admiration

Martin & Carolyn, David & Roberta:

The heartache I feel for you only grows worse as I learn of more dedicated, caring people being shown the exit. At this point I am convinced that there is a hidden agenda under-the-table, devoid of empathy, compassion, mutual consideration, conscience, or creative vision --with an eye only for profit.

I want to reiterate how much I respect and admire you. You are truly class acts! As discouraged as I am to see Edison gut the company like this, I am also deeply touched to see that there are people like you in the world. If someday I perceive that I could offer my particular skills and talents to your next venture, I will apply in a heartbeat.

The Happiest of Holidays to you!

Mark
"Yanquetino"

It was a hard decision, and I really don't like to do this, but I have decided to move some comments out of this topic, and over into a copied thread in the "off topic" forum here.

Sorry, folks, I think the fictional press release was a little too off kilter for the news section.

Sorry, folks, I think the fictional press release was a little too off kilter for the news section.

Good call. I hope that this forum can continue to keep things calm and balanced so that current and former Tesla employees alike feel that they can post here, should they so wish.

Last edited:
... besides the wonderful things I read in this thread, it looks like my work at Tesla was not unrecognized...

Tesla Motors was picked by PRWeek as a finalist in not one, but two categories during my tenure as PR/Communications Director:

Technology Campaign of the Year
Corporate Branding Campaign of the Year

PRWeek awards finalists 2008 - PRWeek US

Needless to say, I am proud of my work at Tesla and with all the turmoil and bad news these days, at least this industry acknowledgement feels good.

-- DavidV