Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Day 1 accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 Splash Guards ,Help prevent water and dirt from leaving their mark.
510AvM3yksL._SL1600_.jpg

Reactions: Kbra
Hey Everybody,

As we are getting closer and closer to the rush of North America deliveries, I'm wondering what are the critical "day 1" accessories everybody is queueing up?

So far I have:
  • Wall charger (to be installed next week)
  • Screen protector
  • Jacking pucks (I'll do my own tire rotation when the time comes)
And I'll soon add to the list a set of weather tech floor mats. Although I'm in the Northeast, I have a 4x4 truck so I'm not going to bother with winter tires.

New York requires a front plate so I'll also be researching any "show and stow" type plate holders, since I don't want to drill the front and/or use any adhesive if possible.

What are the other major things I should have right away?
Funny, when I first my M3 AWD I ran out and got a floor jack, jack jackstands and pucks to do my own, then I went to costco and had them do it for $25, plus they did a rebalance that I couldn't do.

Would you please post a review and pics of the front plate after you’ve installed it? Some of the reviews I’ve read of other products say they’re flimsy and cheaply made. For $120, I assume these are made of high grade plastic or aluminum.
happy to. The site itself has a handful of reviews, most / all are positive so I'm hopeful it's the premium product that they are making it out to be.

Curious why folks here prefer Maxpider mats over Tesla’s all weather mats? I’d much rather have the Tesla logo than some 3rd party.
.max spider better fit. no curling, go with decor so much better. full stop..i live in fla 7mo & chicago in the summer...so extreme weather doesn’t affect me. they have a textured look and seem to be a much classy look v’s the very utilitarian weathertec

Reactions: KOAZ and FFSC
Would you please post a review and pics of the front plate after you’ve installed it? Some of the reviews I’ve read of other products say they’re flimsy and cheaply made. For $120, I assume these are made of high grade plastic or aluminum.
The "flimsy" ness is an intentional design feature that is commonly overlooked. These things can be printed to be 100% solid and super stiff. But they're not so that in an event of an incident, the SnapPlate breaks rather than your cars radiator fins.
LivingTesla.com sells replacement brackets for $10, vs what I assume would be a few hundred in parts for the Tesla radiator fins. That's why plastic why chosen over metal.
It's explained a bit more here:

Reactions: house9
The "flimsy" ness is an intentional design feature that is commonly overlooked. These things can be printed to be 100% solid and super stiff. But they're not so that in an event of an incident, the SnapPlate breaks rather than your cars radiator fins.
LivingTesla.com sells replacement brackets for $10, vs what I assume would be a few hundred in parts for the Tesla radiator fins. That's why plastic why chosen over metal.
It's explained a bit more here:
Would anyone have a discount code for the SnapPlate?
Thanks,
John

.max spider better fit. no curling, go with decor so much better. full stop..i live in fla 7mo & chicago in the summer...so extreme weather doesn’t affect me. they have a textured look and seem to be a much classy look v’s the very utilitarian weathertec

I just installed Tesla’s interior “liners” (as opposed to “mats”). These are sculpted and fit the driver, passenger and back seat floors perfectly. Not sure about texture compared to Max Spider.

My wife was making fun of me because our spare room if full of stuff Ive already bought for the car, floormats, splash guards (3 sets), white armrest cover, 14-50 adapter, 18in lug kit, wireless charger, sentry mem card, key fob, console liners, jack pucks, organizer. I still have alot on my list Im trying hold off on lol.

I even got a salvage foglight to see if I could figure out how to get the foglights to work

Yeah, my husband was making fun of me because our home office is overrun by my "day 1 list:"
  • floormats (interior, trunks x2, frunk)
  • screen protector
  • wireless charger
  • usb/lightning adapter
  • microSD card
  • roof/door seal kit (for wind noise)
  • mud flaps
  • door kick protectors
  • door handle decals
  • tesla logo colored decals (purely aesthetic)
  • rim guards
  • console liners w/ organizer
  • light upgrade (was told interior lighting throughout is pretty dim)
  • tesla logo puddle lights :):shrugs::)