Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Day 3: Radio stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
as I was about to rave on the sound quality in the New Model 3, the radio stopped working within Day 3. The options work - like streaming, Blue Tooth etc - so, the equipment/speakers are ok.

Anyone had this problem?

Yup. Mine did the same. I think I saw the same on a friends Model 3 also.

Rebooting the display fixed it (press and hold both wheely buttons on the steering wheel for a bit).

I am still waiting for version 24 of the software weeks in... Not sure why I have not gotten it yet?

Rebooting the display fixed it (press and hold both wheely buttons on the steering wheel for a bit).

Agree with the above - it's analogous to restarting your computer when you have issues. If you want it to be more complete, you can press the brake down and then press both scroll buttons to do a hard reset (no brake = soft reset, and should still resolve most issues).

Reactions: eprosenx
Sorry, guys, the brake pedal adds nothing. Please stop spreading this information. It’s an urban legend that has been around for a while but the brake pedal does nothing except wake the car up at the end if it doesn’t do it on its own.

Appears that you are right (but I wouldn't say fully conclusive: "Hard" reboot... nonsense, right?)

As anecdotal evidence, my Bluetooth had issues and I did a reset with the two scrolling wheels, but it didn't resolve my problem. The next day, I did the same reset pressing the brake and my Bluetooth works consistently again. It's worth a try considering it is a relatively simple additional step - if anything, placebo or voodoo magic.

Reactions: SpudLime