Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Day test drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am from the uk and I am currently looking at purchasing a Tesla model s but I would like to test drive this for more than half an hour I am maybe looking at trying to get a day test drive with the model I am looking et purchasing. Has anyone had a day test drive before and if so can you tell me how I apply for this please

I am from the uk and I am currently looking at purchasing a Tesla model s but I would like to test drive this for more than half an hour I am maybe looking at trying to get a day test drive with the model I am looking et purchasing. Has anyone had a day test drive before and if so can you tell me how I apply for this please
had 30 minutes test drive in Nottingham in September. it was very good, as they had a route programmed in, which was including some urban, A road, B road and Motorway like driving.

I would be really surprised if they would offer 1 days test drive.

but you can rent a car for 24 hrs I suppose...

Upvote 0
Given you are after a Model S then Tesla don’t actually have any so you’ll be looking at used dealers?

In which case you’ll be out of luck if you want anything other than a quick whip round the block. If you want more then you’ll probably have to rent one.

You’ll not be seeing the new plaid/LR for a nearly a year yet from Tesla.

Upvote 0
24hrs can get one somewhere financially beneficial like Estonia or Latvia or a quick sale 🤣
Enterprise have model S (I've had them as a loaner before now) and I'm sure they would be rentable.
that would be extremelly challenging to do that in 24 hrs :D
Model 3 LR would take 26 hrs of driving + charging (as per Better Route Planner) to reach Lithuania alone. There's additional 300+ km to cross Lithuania and to reach Latvia... and Estonia is (300 km further). Moreover, it's easier (steering on the correct side + closer) to get one in Norway, Sweden or Finlad

Just pointing this out ;)))

Upvote 0
that would be extremelly challenging to do that in 24 hrs :D
Model 3 LR would take 26 hrs of driving + charging (as per Better Route Planner) to reach Lithuania alone. There's additional 300+ km to cross Lithuania and to reach Latvia... and Estonia is (300 km further). Moreover, it's easier (steering on the correct side + closer) to get one in Norway, Sweden or Finlad

Just pointing this out ;)))
Damn - didn't think it through. It'll have to be a 2 day hire after all. There goes my profit.

Upvote 0
Just to expand on what was said above. Tesla are not selling new Model S or X in this country until late this year, most likely next as they are generally late, this is while they build up the capability for the new factory in Germany. There are no demonstrators in the country to drive. The only cars available new from Tesla are Model 3 and Model Y.

Upvote 0
They offer 1 hour slots if you book a test drive on a weekday, it's not obvious on the website so you may want to follow up after booking a 30 minute one. Weekend is strictly limited to 30 minutes. This is what I was informed when I booked one at Cribbs back in November last year.

Upvote 0
Go into a sales centre (that has plenty cars outside, not in the showroom) on a quiet day. We took a 2 hour test drive in a Model 3 on the spot in Birmingham and went back for a second one. With it being quiet, and with cars available, it wasn't a problem. I wouldn't buy any car on a 1/2 hour test drive, and that is perfectly reasonable. When there was a 7 day return policy it might have been a more reasonable expectation.

Upvote 0
Just to expand on what was said above. Tesla are not selling new Model S or X in this country until late this year, most likely next as they are generally late, this is while they build up the capability for the new factory in Germany. There are no demonstrators in the country to drive. The only cars available new from Tesla are Model 3 and Model Y.
I'm not so sure the S/X will come from Germany next year. I think we will be receiving the cars from Fremont. I'm not sure how they will be shipped but I don't think they will be coming partly assembled in a container anymore since the Tilburg reassembly line looks well and truly closed.

Upvote 0