Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daylight running light for Refreshed MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Since the delivery little over a week ago, I have been trying to figure out how to turn on those LED lights as daylight running light.

The "Classic" MS has that ability but I cannot find a way to do it on a refreshed model...

Can anyone help?

There are other threads on this, there is an issue with the new LED where they only turn on if you set the lights to OFF. Contact Tesla, the more they hear of it the quicker they will fix the issue.

There are other threads on this, there is an issue with the new LED where they only turn on if you set the lights to OFF. Contact Tesla, the more they hear of it the quicker they will fix the issue.

Just called the local Tesla. Told me to come in so they can show me where the "button" is to turn on... I don't think they know what they are talking about....

Asked them to call me back after talking to their tech support.

• Funny
Reactions: AnOutsider
I have been in contact with Tesla about this issue for a few days now. Here is the thread detailing what I learned:

Daytime running lights on refreshed S | Tesla Motors

Interestingly, it seems that Range Mode in the US will keep the DLR turned off when driving with the car lights set to AUTO during the day. You have to manually engage them via the "Parking Lights" option (just remember to set them back to AUTO when you park). Or you can simply disable Range Mode.

I find this inconvenient, but it's also a boost to "camper mode." Now you can leave the car in neutral with the emergency brake engaged and sleep in the back with air conditioning/heat running and the DLR turned off.

I have been in contact with Tesla about this issue for a few days now. Here is the thread detailing what I learned:

Daytime running lights on refreshed S | Tesla Motors

Interestingly, it seems that Range Mode in the US will keep the DLR turned off when driving with the car lights set to AUTO during the day. You have to manually engage them via the "Parking Lights" option (just remember to set them back to AUTO when you park). Or you can simply disable Range Mode.

I find this inconvenient, but it's also a boost to "camper mode." Now you can leave the car in neutral with the emergency brake engaged and sleep in the back with air conditioning/heat running and the DLR turned off.

Which it makes no sense at all. DRL LED light should have little to no effect on power usage.. I read it about disabling "Range mode" from Model X community..

Which it makes no sense at all. DRL LED light should have little to no effect on power usage.. I read it about disabling "Range mode" from Model X community..

Couldn't agree more. My service department has forwarded a "feature request" from me to the engineering team about this. Not sure if anything will come of it. But it does appear there is a firmware update in the works that should address this issue to some degree. Will probably still have to keep Range Mode off, though. Bummer.

Reactions: rcsting
I have been in contact with Tesla about this issue for a few days now.
just to clarify you where in contact with Tesla about your model x DRL issue. from my understanding the refreshed Model S DRL don't work with or without range mode enabled theres an issue with the firmware on these new cars and the only way to turn on the DRL is to switch to parking lamps!

just to clarify you where in contact with Tesla about your model x DRL issue. from my understanding the refreshed Model S DRL don't work with or without range mode enabled theres an issue with the firmware on these new cars and the only way to turn on the DRL is to switch to parking lamps!

No. I've been in touch with them about the DLR on my new refreshed Model S. See the thread for more information.

But yes, that appears to be the situation. It appears the firmware fix (when rolled out) will only allow DLR to run when range mode is disabled in the US. That's the information I was given by Tesla staff. So in the meantime you can't get them during the day without manually selecting parking lights.