Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daylight Saving Time and Preconditioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice the precondition was off by an hour perhaps due to DST? My car didn't preheat on my commute home. But after I arrived home today, I noticed that preconditioning had activated.

Having led software development teams for 20 years, I am fascinated by how DST screws up something somewhere every time. Even when I start a project with my prime directive: "Do NOT allow DST to screw up your software."

My wife doesn't have preconditioning set on the Tesla, but I can say that the BMW i3 scheduled preconditioning failed this morning as the automatic clock update option didn't automatically update the clock. Once I toggled it "off" and back "on" the time magically updated. Sheesh.

My wife doesn't have preconditioning set on the Tesla, but I can say that the BMW i3 scheduled preconditioning failed this morning as the automatic clock update option didn't automatically update the clock. Once I toggled it "off" and back "on" the time magically updated. Sheesh.
Hmm.. maybe I'll try that if it doesn't come on in the morning. Thanks!

Having led software development teams for 20 years, I am fascinated by how DST screws up something somewhere every time. Even when I start a project with my prime directive: "Do NOT allow DST to screw up your software."

Haha just having this snafu in a project right now, despite FROM THE VERY START it was clearly stated DST will NOT be an issue as we thought of everything.