TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Daylight Saving Time and Preconditioning

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Paul Carter, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Anyone else notice the precondition was off by an hour perhaps due to DST? My car didn't preheat on my commute home. But after I arrived home today, I noticed that preconditioning had activated.

2. saladman

saladman Member

Having led software development teams for 20 years, I am fascinated by how DST screws up something somewhere every time. Even when I start a project with my prime directive: "Do NOT allow DST to screw up your software."

3. woof

woof Model X 75D Blue. Model 3 LR Red.

My wife doesn't have preconditioning set on the Tesla, but I can say that the BMW i3 scheduled preconditioning failed this morning as the automatic clock update option didn't automatically update the clock. Once I toggled it "off" and back "on" the time magically updated. Sheesh.

4. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Hmm.. maybe I'll try that if it doesn't come on in the morning. Thanks!

5. Jacina

Jacina Member

Haha just having this snafu in a project right now, despite FROM THE VERY START it was clearly stated DST will NOT be an issue as we thought of everything.