Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daylight savings time did not update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sitting at the Hawthorne Supercharger and noticed that Daylight savings time did not update on my car. Both of my Apple devices switched at 2a back to 1a.

is there a way to manually change the clock?

BTW, there have been 4 Teslas at this Supercharger at 2a... Only in Los Angeles. :)

Use Time 4 Tesla while waiting :wink:

image.jpg

Mine has not switched yet, 1PM Pacific time car says 2PM.
I rebooted both screens several times. When the they first reboot the time is correct, then within 10 seconds, they switch back to the wrong time.

What's daylight savings time?:tongue: Here in Hawaii the sun is always shining, so we don't need to save it for later.:biggrin:

Perhaps the car is logging into an NNTP time server to synchronize once a day, and only then does it discover the change? Weird.

NTP would sync the current GMT time. One would expect that the interpretation by applying the local time zone rules is separate from the NTP sync. Whatever way they those to implement local time is obviously suboptimal.

NTP would sync the current GMT time. One would expect that the interpretation by applying the local time zone rules is separate from the NTP sync. Whatever way they those to implement local time is obviously suboptimal.

Oops, I meant NTP, not NNTP. What I was poorly communicating was that perhaps as part of their code to sync with the time server, only then does it perform savings time adjustments. Yes, this needs some fixin', but hopefully it's near the bottom of the priority list :).

Again I propose that TM give up control of displayed time to user. Retain TM control of its worldwide (zulu?) log/system/internal time for each vehicle. Give user push +/- switches to change displayed time easily.

This will be helpful in future as more Teslas make cross country trips, ie you can jump to EST as soon as you leave, thus calls to destination can be accurately timed. Etc.
--