TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Daylight Savings Time

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by brantse, Mar 15, 2016.

1. brantse

brantse Member

For the past couple mornings, I've been blinded trying to back out of my driveway. It always takes me a minute until I realize that the display is in "Day" mode and it's still very dark outside. Has this been a common occurrence with time changes, or new to a recent update?

2. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Huh? This has nothing to do with time. The system senses ambient light and should adjust accordingly.

3. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Double check your display setting have the mode on Auto.

4. brantse

brantse Member

Then something must be going awry with mine. This is the only time that I've had an issue with the display being in the wrong mode and very ironic that both days it occurred just following the DST switch.

Yep, I verified that the setting was in Auto, but then had to manually force it back to night.

5. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Are you starting in a lighted garage so the car starts in day mode and is not transitioning to night mode as you exit?

6. brantse

brantse Member

The same thing happened again this morning, any time I returned the setting to "Auto" it would go right back into day mode. I reset the display and now it works fine.