Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

days away from a release to all HW1 and to all HW2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even using Elon's timescale, sounds like it's getting really close. :)

Elon Musk on Twitter

upload_2017-1-12_16-47-12.png

I don't think so. Elon tweeted last week (or the week before?) that 8.1 was push to end of January.

The above tweet was referring to what he was saying that other than the lucky 1000, he would have push the updates to the rest of the fleet the end of this week. For the AP1, it's the speed limit fix. For AP2, you know, the update that went to the 1000 California AP2 cars.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
Does the above refer to the release of 8.1?

I can't imagine what else it would refer to, but...

I would say no, he is referring to the updated point releases (.252 etc). HW1 got a new release recently as well which bought back the +5MPH limit for Autosteer. My take is that he's saying if all looks good with the limited recent releases for both HW1 and HW2, then all cars will get these features next week. There is no talk here about 8.1

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
I would say no, he is referring to the updated point releases (.252 etc). HW1 got a new release recently as well which bought back the +5MPH limit for Autosteer. My take is that he's saying if all looks good with the limited recent releases for both HW1 and HW2, then all cars will get these features next week. There is no talk here about 8.1

OK. Thanks for clearing that up!

2.50.201 seems to be the newest rolling out right now and it's going to HW2 cars - so far looks like California cars only.

There are three 2.52.x versions out. Why would a 2.50.x version be a more recent update than the 2.52.x versions?

I do see two of the 2.50.x versions in the update tracker with today's date, but that doesn't mean they were actually pushed today. It could just be users who don't realize or don't care to change the date of their installation in the tracker, or who updated today but received the update days ago.

What am I missing?

I received notification that an update was waiting for me around 5 pm today. I had version 2.50.114 on my MS75D HW1. It was originally scheduled for a 2 am update but decided to do it sooner. While the update was in progress I happen to be still in the car as I was reading emails. I heard all sorts of clicks, grinding, buzzing noises. It continued for a 5 mins then I left. I didn't expect the update would be so "active".

Wondering what this update will bring. I didn't expect the HW1 cars getting the update mentioned by Musk this soon.

I received notification that an update was waiting for me around 5 pm today. I had version 2.50.114 on my MS75D HW1. It was originally scheduled for a 2 am update but decided to do it sooner. While the update was in progress I happen to be still in the car as I was reading emails. I heard all sorts of clicks, grinding, buzzing noises. It continued for a 5 mins then I left. I didn't expect the update would be so "active".

It is generally a very bad idea to interact with the car in any way while it is updating. Unlocking doors, opening doors or the lift gate, etc., have all been pointed to as reasons why updates have failed or in some other way been problematic.

To be safe, I typically start my updates, and then make sure to get the heck out of the garage with my fob before it starts. If I am dead-set on checking on the car, I go back out to the garage without my fob, and don't touch anything. I almost never do that any more, and just wait until the app alerts me that the update is complete.

Sitting in the car while it is updating is playing with fire!

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: GSP and oktane