Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Days on Software Version (before next update)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mildly Interesting: As I patiently waited for v9 (got it today woohoo) I pulled the number of days of spent on each software version since I started collecting data in March. Results below. About an average of a month per version which a high of 52 days and a low of 16. (First version data is screwy because data was not recorded correctly)

Pretty cool that about every 30 days the car gets better...

Screenshot 2018-10-09 19.28.47.png

Yes, have been using this one built in Google Sheets: link.

Nice, thanks. That's pretty useful.

Do you have any ideas how I can generate my own charging log to log the amount of energy put into the car (need to keep a home charging log)? I don't have a Tesla yet to play with the code and see what all the API responses mean (Charge State - Tesla JSON API (Unofficial)). I was thinking a) ping once an hour, b) pull battery_level each time, c) if charging_state is charging, store current battery_level and when charging_state is complete, get current battery_level, and get the difference between the two. There is a charge_energy_added but not sure what that represents.

Nice, thanks. That's pretty useful.

Do you have any ideas how I can generate my own charging log to log the amount of energy put into the car (need to keep a home charging log)? I don't have a Tesla yet to play with the code and see what all the API responses mean (Charge State - Tesla JSON API (Unofficial)). I was thinking a) ping once an hour, b) pull battery_level each time, c) if charging_state is charging, store current battery_level and when charging_state is complete, get current battery_level, and get the difference between the two. There is a charge_energy_added but not sure what that represents.

Here's an example of the data that the Google Sheet/Script I linked saves:
https://i.imgur.com/lwt72ky.png
https://i.imgur.com/uNqKRAb.png
(two images because it was too wide)

If you write a script to find the value of Energy Added (kWh) immediately preceding a 0 in the same column you should be able to pull what you're looking for. The API reports that cumulatively for each charge cycle and keeps reporting it until the next time the charger is disconnected.

A site like TeslaFi might do this for you automatically. I just didn't want to 1) give a bunch of sensitive data to a site without a privacy policy and 2) violate Tesla's Beta software terms.

I see, looks like energy added is a good value to work off of and like you said, check the value before a 0 and that should be total energy charged during that particular session.

TeslaFi/Spy do this, but I only need a small fraction of the functionality they offer.

Also, do you happen to know if the car remains "awake" whenever it is charging?