Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daytime Running Lights (LEDs)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg

There's no DRL button, like it shows in the Owner's Manual.

Any thoughts?

I just noticed the same problem on my way to work - I have the refresh (picked it up last Thursday) and no DRL toggle, though in my delivery appointment, my DS did show me the toggle so it was there at some point! I do have range mode on... but that seems to be very strange that I can't have range mode AND DRL at the same time...? Tried to call my local SvC but they're not answering.

I just noticed the same problem on my way to work - I have the refresh (picked it up last Thursday) and no DRL toggle, though in my delivery appointment, my DS did show me the toggle so it was there at some point! I do have range mode on... but that seems to be very strange that I can't have range mode AND DRL at the same time...? Tried to call my local SvC but they're not answering.

I tried turning Range Mode off, and there's still no DRL button...

I sent my DS an email about it...

OK, I talked to service. So for the LED halo lights (not strictly DRL but basically DRL) to be on, you either need to have the lights in Parking or On mode. If you have them set to Auto, which I do, you will not have the DRL option. The service chap wasn't sure if it has anything to do with range mode or not. I have the first refresh in the state, so they're still learning the changes!

I shall experiment on my way home and turn range mode off to see if that returns the DRL toggle, and then switch to Parking mode and see if that does it.

OK, I talked to service. So for the LED halo lights (not strictly DRL but basically DRL) to be on, you either need to have the lights in Parking or On mode. If you have them set to Auto, which I do, you will not have the DRL option. The service chap wasn't sure if it has anything to do with range mode or not. I have the first refresh in the state, so they're still learning the changes!

I shall experiment on my way home and turn range mode off to see if that returns the DRL toggle, and then switch to Parking mode and see if that does it.
that doesn't sound correct, my DRLs are on, the lights are set to auto and the range mode is off.

Here's what my DS sent me:

"Try a system reset. To do that, (1) hold both the scroll wheels down on the steering wheel at the same time until the center screen turns off. Then (2) hold down the two buttons above both the scroll wheels down (it should be the >> button and the voice command button) until the dashboard screen turns off. This should take longer than 10 seconds. After (3) turn on your cars headlights under "controls" instead of automatic. After driving for 10 miles, switch to automatic."

After I did this, the "DRL" button still doesn't show up. I also can't tell if the DRLs are actually on. I'm going to need to ask someone who is outside of the car if they are on.

Here's what my DS sent me:

"Try a system reset. To do that, (1) hold both the scroll wheels down on the steering wheel at the same time until the center screen turns off. Then (2) hold down the two buttons above both the scroll wheels down (it should be the >> button and the voice command button) until the dashboard screen turns off. This should take longer than 10 seconds. After (3) turn on your cars headlights under "controls" instead of automatic. After driving for 10 miles, switch to automatic."

After I did this, the "DRL" button still doesn't show up. I also can't tell if the DRLs are actually on. I'm going to need to ask someone who is outside of the car if they are on.

DS also just told me that the NEW REFRESH FACELIFT models DO NOT have the DRL button. They are automatically on.

Guess that solves it...