Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daytime running lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume you are asking in regards to the new "facelift" cars? I believe a software revision fixed that, but has been a few weeks since I recall seeing posts about it. Before that I believe people had to turn the "auto" headlight off and make sure range mode was off as well.

Auto on, range mode off

Yup, if you don't have a firmware problem.When we took delivery in June, the DRLs would not work during the day without turning on the Parking Lights. There was a furor, and it was fixed (for most people) by the next firmware release, although the DRLs appear to be about half as bright in the daylight on Auto than when we were running them with the Parking Lights on.

Yup, if you don't have a firmware problem.When we took delivery in June, the DRLs would not work during the day without turning on the Parking Lights. There was a furor, and it was fixed (for most people) by the next firmware release, although the DRLs appear to be about half as bright in the daylight on Auto than when we were running them with the Parking Lights on.
That's the nature of DRL's in most cars. They run at a lower power setting.

Yeah, turning range mode off will fix the problem (even though the "i" next to range mode makes no mention of it disabling DRL).

I wonder how much range is saved with the DRL off when range mode is on. I'm assuming pretty nominal since Bjorn concluded the savings in general on the refresh S is about 2% with range mode on. Weird stuff.