TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

DC area Tesla drive in September

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by andrewket, Jul 12, 2013.

1. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

If there is interest, I'd like to organize a Tesla drive in September. Rather than meeting at the store, let's get a caravan going! We could incorporate a stop at the Tyson's location if people are interested in that. A stop at the DC store would likely be problematic with more than 4 cars.

Ideas:

1. Blue ridge
    2. Delaware superchargers. CT too?

I'm also going to start organizing a long drive for when we have superchargers all the way down I95. DC to Florida? Maine to FL? I'll start a new thread for that shortly.

Who's interested?

Andrew

2. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

Of course I am!

3. Curt

Curt Roadster Signature #55

I'll join for part of it (in my Roadster).

4. slr_pwrd

slr_pwrd Member

I would be interested...............

5. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

I've never done a group drive like this. I guess I'm a maybe. . . . :)

6. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

We took about a dozen Model S to the Delaware Supercharger back in March and had a great time. Since then a whole lot more Model S have been delivered to the DC area, and I am sure many of these folks have not yet had the pleasure of supercharging. If the Richmond Area supercharger is up by then, that may be an option. In fact, an impromptu rally at the State Capital might be fun! JT

7. mattboyd

mattboyd Member

Skyline Drive will be our first day trip when we get our car (hopefully this week).

8. Ven Rala

Ven Rala Member

I would be interested. The only problem with driving to the supercharger would be that many of us (especially the 60s) would need to charge up and if there are several cars (optimistically 10-20), that would be a long wait for everyone to charge up (even if it is just for 20-30 min)

9. CatB

CatB Member

Sounds like fun, hope the scheduling works out for me - I think I have a biz trip that might get in the way in mid-Sept.

10. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Member

@marttboyd,
    I drove to Matthews arm campgrond on Skyine Drive for an overnight stay this weekend, beautiful drive, especially nice in the Model S!
    5 passengers, a dog and all the camping gear between the frunk and the trunk. What a great car!

11. Only Trons

Only Trons Member

I'm a maybe....

12. Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith Member

I would be interested.

13. Bifff67

Bifff67 Member

Definitely interested! The Richmond one is supposed to be "Summer", whatever that means.

With respect to charging time and lots of cars: we can each do the math of how much juice we need for the trip. We were very accommodating to each other in the March Delaware trip. For instance 85kwh cars can go DC to RIC round trip without any additional charge at all. The purpose of the trip would be first of all for new people to try out the SC and see that it works and see how much current you get, track some numbers. And then when you have enough let the next one in. If you are a 60 and need some real time just say so and the group will make way, take it in till you get the miles you need. No problem. Obviously the get together is a few hours depending on the numbers. You want to be first, just say so.

Funny story: when we went to Delaware, we had like 15 Model S lined up and parked all around and had all the slots in use as we stood around and yacked. Another MS drove in coming down from NY on a real trip South, unaware of our party, and I am pretty sure we freaked him out, that he might be in line for hours. We of course told him the story of our trek and immediately backed out a car and gave him a full charge.

14. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

Bifff67: Well said!!!!

15. Greggyb

Greggyb Member

Sounds like fun. I'm interested.

16. linkster

linkster Member

Count Angelia and myself in to Richmond!

17. DCinDC

DCinDC Member

I'm in! Andrew in Rockville tells me that my car arrives Saturday. I wish I could track it across the country.... suspense is killing me.

18. Ven Rala

Ven Rala Member

Sounds like a plan.

19. dddozier

dddozier Member

I'm in for any day except Saturday September 28th. I missed the last get together at the store and don't want to miss this one.

20. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

9/28 it is :) j/k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2