Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DC charging at non Tesla Fast Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi gals and guys, NA is about to get CCS1 adapter pretty soon. I was wondering for those who often charging at non-Tesla DC fast charging stations in euro, have you encountered a battery recalibrate to show a correct battery range? Because in China, I have directly and indirectly knew this issue as the a lots DC chargers’ protocols are way off.

Hello, I can’t quite get the question you’re asking? Do you mean that if DC charging at non-Tesla charger then your car would recalibrate the SoC and show wrong /different value to the user? Been using non-Tesla DC charger’s constantly and can’t confirm the situation you’re describing…

Hi gals and guys, NA is about to get CCS1 adapter pretty soon. I was wondering for those who often charging at non-Tesla DC fast charging stations in euro, have you encountered a battery recalibrate to show a correct battery range? Because in China, I have directly and indirectly knew this issue as the a lots DC chargers’ protocols are way off.
I don't know what you're talking about happening in China, but I do know that there is often a discrepancy between the charging rate (in kW) displayed by the charging system and that displayed in the car. This difference is because the charger shows the total kW going to the vehicle while the car is only showing how many kW are going into the battery itself and this leaves out any kW being used by the car to heat the battery, run the environmental controls, etc. So, you often have the car showing that the battery is getting 5-10 kW less than the charger shows it's delivering because it's using the "shore power" to do more than just fill the battery. But this doesn't have anything to do with battery recalibration and battery range. Can you link to any discussion of the issue in China?

I don't know what you're talking about happening in China, but I do know that there is often a discrepancy between the charging rate (in kW) displayed by the charging system and that displayed in the car. This difference is because the charger shows the total kW going to the vehicle while the car is only showing how many kW are going into the battery itself and this leaves out any kW being used by the car to heat the battery, run the environmental controls, etc. So, you often have the car showing that the battery is getting 5-10 kW less than the charger shows it's delivering because it's using the "shore power" to do more than just fill the battery. But this doesn't have anything to do with battery recalibration and battery range. Can you link to any discussion of the issue in China?
I did a bit reading. I think it probably isn’t related to charging at non-Tesla DC charger, might to do with most Tesla in China are M3 and MY. There is an post regarding M3 battery in TMC. As there are far non Tesla charging stations in China, it gives people impression that non Tesla charging station make the battery off.
There is another related post from InsideEVs.
If you can read Chinese just search up Tesla battery calibration in Weibo or Xiaohongshu.